FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Grand Corbin Despagne, plus Bourgogne, Macon, and Beaujolais (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/76040-tn-grand-corbin-despagne.html)

DaleW 08-12-2005 02:50 AM

TN: Grand Corbin Despagne, plus Bourgogne, Macon, and Beaujolais

1998 Grand-Corbin-Despagne (Saint-Emilion)
>From 375. Big & modern St. Emilion, but not over the top. Blackberry

and black cherry fruit, some coffee and vanilla on the nose. Develops
smoky notes with time,and there's a backdrop of earth. Tannins are
still quite upfront, I'll hold on to my 750s for a while longer. Best
showing yet for this for me. B+

2003 Francois Charles "La Combette" Bourgogne Hautes Cotes de Beaune
(rouge)
This was a wine I didn't recall ordering, and later found out I hadn't
(kudos to Chambers St, when I informed them of mistake even though I
had already opened wine they credited me for it). Can't say I was very
impressed- sharp cherry fruit, short finish. There's a tingly/tartness
that I would guess (in my non-technical ignorance) might be the result
of a poorly done acidification. Ehh. C

2004 Larochette-Manciat Macon-Morizottes
A bit of a surprise, as I was expecting a rather light, crisp , snappy
Macon. This plays more like a medium-bodied CdBeaune, with mineral
underpinnings to rather rich golden pear/apple fruit. There's not a lot
on the finish, but impressive wine for just under $10. B

1999 Domaine Dalicieux "Cuvee Janick" Moulin-a-Vent
Bright strawberries and herbs on the nose, just a hint of cedary oak,
sweet cherry and red plum fruit. Light but not insubstantial, gains
complexity in the glass. There's a definite sweet edge to the fruit,
but not in a heavy or jammy sense. Clean and pure, a pointe. B/B+