Posted to alt.food.wine
Chris Sprague

Default 1925 Domaine de la Coume du Roy (Maury, 750ml)

I've seen this at two different wine shops now, for somewhat wildly
divergent prices. One shop, a smaller specialty store, has it for
$225. Another larger discount type store down the street has the same
bottle for $150.

The wine is a dark pinkish/light red, with sediment. Looks to be
recently bottled, which makes sense given what I know about Maury.

I am VERY tempted to splurge for a bottle of this. Someone please try
to talk me out of it.

Has anyone had it? Old Maury in general? Was 1925 a good year for it?
Etc. Would it taste good out of a chocolate cup?

Thanks.

- Chris

Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis

Chris,

Maury ages pretty well, but I don't have any idea about that long. I
did note thought that '25 was a pretty awful year virtually everywhere
in France.

I certainly wouldn't drink it from chocolate were I you.

Not much to go on, but as no one else had anything here I thought
I'd have a feeble go...

-E

]

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Gelatine Packages and Measurements, ca 1925 Jean B.[_1_] Historic 1 27-09-2008 11:16 PM
TN Meeting Rahsaan (Bdx, Burg, Maury, Loire, Brunello, Rhone) DaleW Wine 0 24-08-2007 02:02 PM
I Drink 750ML Every 2 Days Jim M Wine 14 11-08-2006 09:13 AM
(50) 750ml bottles for sale - $20 Jason Morrill Winemaking 3 01-12-2004 02:51 AM
Pineapple Upside Down Cake 1925 [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 14-03-2004 11:30 PM