FoodBanter.com

-   -   Savoie (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/73946-savoie.html)

pickeralguy 11-11-2005 01:58 AM

Savoie

This summer I had a bottle of a wine from Savoie called Apremont, Pierre
Boniface. The wine had a tiny effervescence, was the weight of water and
yet had the most amazing length, and wonderful flavours. I think the
grape is Jaquere( sp?) I quickly bought a case at $19ish/btl. I have
decided it is the greatest summer deck wine ever, atleast for me. I'm
wondering if anyone knows of any other producers from the same area. Is
this wine typical of the region?
TIA

DaleW 11-11-2005 04:47 PM

Savoie

The Boniface is probably the best known, and a consistent good value
(around here's it's generally been $7-8, but jumped to $10ish in 2003 &
$11-13 in 2004 vintage).
Other good producers are Richel and Quénard.