Cwdjrx _

Default New Burgundy Newsletter - Any Opinions?

Clive Coates discontinued publication of The Vine several months ago for
health reasons. For me this left somewhat of a vacuum in detailed
reviews of both young and mature Burgundy. I just received a letter,
with a recommendation by Clive Coates included, that describes The
Burgundy Briefing newsletter that is just being started by Sarah Marsh
M. W. The details are at her site at http://www.sarahmarsh.com .

I wonder if any of you have an opinion on the likely quality of this
newsletter. With 6 issues a year on the web only at about 50 UK Pounds,
it is not exactly inexpensive. Subscriptions can be paid using credit
cards or PayPal. However they will automatically renew your subscription
and charge your card each year unless you cancel your subscription. This
usually causes me to pass up anything sold on such terms,

Reply to .

DaleW

Hmm. I don't know of her, but one would think a "sample issue" might be
more than a table of contents. I'd personally want to see some actual
writing (a bit more in depth than Comte Armand's winemaker just got
married). Maybe you could contact and ask for a couple sample pages?

I personally like Claude Kolm's Fine Wine Review. You can see a sample
at :
http://www.finewinereview.com/

6 issues at $35/year, but not all Burgundy- probably 50%, with 30%
German and rest Northern Rhone and a bit of Piemonte.

He doesn't tend to do as much retrospective stuff as Clive Coates did
(which I know you liked). Claude is actually pretty forthcoming if you
have particular questions.

If you'd like to see a more recent sample of FWR email me a fax number
or an address I'll send you a couple pages.

DaleW wrote:
> Hmm. I don't know of her, but one would think a "sample issue" might be
> more than a table of contents. I'd personally want to see some actual
> writing (a bit more in depth than Comte Armand's winemaker just got
> married). Maybe you could contact and ask for a couple sample pages?
>
> I personally like Claude Kolm's Fine Wine Review. You can see a sample
> at :
> http://www.finewinereview.com/
>
> 6 issues at $35/year, but not all Burgundy- probably 50%, with 30%
> German and rest Northern Rhone and a bit of Piemonte.
>
> He doesn't tend to do as much retrospective stuff as Clive Coates did
> (which I know you liked). Claude is actually pretty forthcoming if you
> have particular questions.
>
> If you'd like to see a more recent sample of FWR email me a fax number
> or an address I'll send you a couple pages.

That got me too.
Check out the 'Content Menu' at the top and you can see the actual
articles.
It has an arrow pointing to it.

Peter

DaleW

Ah, Peter, thanks. I clicked on sample issue but missed the content
box.
Seems like good writing. And more confirmation I should have bought '02
BdMartray Corton-Charlie and Lafarge Chenes when I could (almost)
afford them.