Default Shipping to Connecticut

Hello, wine experts!

I'd like to send wine as a gift to someone in Connecticut, but all
online wine retailers I checked do not ship to Connecticut. Why? How
can I get wine shipped to Connecticut?

Thank you,
Elana

Hi,

For one CT booze laws only allow the sale of booze during the week and
Sat only. Also can not sell to minors...and shipment can be delivered
to minors.

I am in Fairfield CT and would be happy to help if i can?

Fletch

wrote:
> Hello, wine experts!
>
> I'd like to send wine as a gift to someone in Connecticut, but all
> online wine retailers I checked do not ship to Connecticut. Why? How
> can I get wine shipped to Connecticut?
>
> Thank you,
> Elana

st.helier

Joseph Coulter wrote......."jcoulter"

> Welcome to the world of wine and the draconian US laws of shipment.
> In all too many states it is a criminal act to ship (and often to receive)
> wine. Protection of minors repeatedly comes from the lips of
> politicians, but not too many minors are A. short on alcohol from other
> sources, or B buy quality wines for their Friday night parties.
> No the answer lies with the protection of the liquor wholesalers who
> are today's direct descendants of the Bootleggers of the 30's. Though
> they no longer have to dodge the feds, they still look out for their
> money with a tight fist.

Via well funded "lobbying" and politicians willing to be "influenced" by
such "lobbying" - is that the way it goes?

--

st.helier

e. winemonger

Well, mark this as a COMMERCIAL REPLY, but we can legally ship wine to
Connecticut: www.Winemonger.com

Let me know if you would like any recommendations.
e.

Sushi Connecticut HGL Sushi 2 18-06-2007 02:32 AM
Colombian in Connecticut HGL Restaurants 1 01-12-2005 10:22 PM
Sushi in Connecticut HGL Restaurants 1 01-12-2005 10:21 PM
Connecticut sushi HGL Sushi 2 28-11-2005 06:07 PM
Snowed in In Connecticut Sheryl Rosen General Cooking 3 07-12-2003 02:56 PM