DaleW

Default TN: '01 Petite Eglise

Betsy was taking David to the airport to join his dad for a week in
Denmark, I said I'd make dinner while she was doing that. I made some
"Chinese-style" loin lamb chops (5-spice, coriander, sesame oil and
garlic) as well as fresh corn, served with a beet/chevre salad as well
as a green salad. Wine was the 2001 La Petite Eglise (Pomerol). Pretty
ready right from the start. Dark berry and plum fruit, a hint of
flowers and some coffee/mocha accents. There's a little note of
oregano/marjoram herbiness, but as an accent, not a distracting
greenness. Nice flavors, though on the palate there's not really much
of that Pomerol-lushness. Still, good solid fruit and flavors, sense of
balance, and decent finish make this a decent example of the (rare)
category of under-$20 Pomerol. B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency

Santiago G.H.

Hi,

Just to add another affordable Pomerol to the record, I have enjoyed a few
bottles of Chateau Mazeyres 2001 lately and I have loved it. Lots of
finesse. Under 20 euros in my favorite provider.

Best,

S.

DaleW

I quite enjoyed the 2000 Mazeyres, and just got more ($18 at Zachys on
sale if anyone's interested). Haven't seen the 2001 yet, will keep an
eye out.

Mirassou -- no more Petite Sirah? [email protected] Wine 0 28-10-2008 09:38 PM
Petite Syrah spud Winemaking 1 10-09-2006 04:57 AM
Petite Sirah PP Wine 5 12-01-2006 08:34 AM
Petite Manseng! kenneth mccoy Wine 4 22-09-2005 02:43 AM
Quilceda Creek, L'Eglise Clinet, Chante Perdrix...... Bill Spohn Wine 1 10-01-2004 08:48 PM