Old 17-08-2005, 01:41 AM
cutecat

Default Trader Joe's Cotes du Rhone

To the person who was investigating $6 Vidal Fleury CdR: the only $6 CdR in
one of the Seattle TJs was a Caves des Papes imported by Cannon. Here is a
relevant URL:
http://www.cannonwines.com/brands/cd...ccinelles.html

We will try it tonight and post our decision later.

Old 17-08-2005, 04:08 AM
Steve Timko

Thanks. It's sounding more like this is only at Trader Joe's in
California, maybe just in the Bay Area.
Hope you didn't pick up any wine cooties from the Two Buck Chucks. ;-)

In article et,
says...

Old 17-08-2005, 02:28 PM
cutecat

"Steve Timko" wrote in message
. net...
Thanks. It's sounding more like this is only at Trader Joe's in
California, maybe just in the Bay Area.
Hope you didn't pick up any wine cooties from the Two Buck Chucks. ;-)

In article et,
says...
To the person who was investigating $6 Vidal Fleury CdR: the only $6 CdR
in
one of the Seattle TJs was a Caves des Papes imported by Cannon. Here is
relevant URL:
http://www.cannonwines.com/brands/cd...ccinelles.html

We will try it tonight and post our decision later.

We don't do $3 Chuck at my house, which is what it costs in Washington.
Life is too short!

Three tasters of the CdR and we all agreed that it was a one/two note wine,
slightly better than a lower-range restaurant's house pour. Not a lot of
recognizable Southern Rhone character and a little grapey, but decent at the
price. Probably would be used as cooking wine at my house.

Old 18-08-2005, 06:43 PM
D. Gerasimatos

Steve Timko wrote:

Thanks. It's sounding more like this is only at Trader Joe's in
California, maybe just in the Bay Area.
Hope you didn't pick up any wine cooties from the Two Buck Chucks. ;-)

Oh, I should mention that when I said TJ's has it locally I meant in the
Los Angeles area in spite of my e-mail address.

Dimitri

Old 19-08-2005, 01:26 AM
[email protected]

Are you talking about the Fleury-Vidal or the Caves des Papes imported
by Cannon?

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

Picked up that Rhone in the TJ's in San Clemente. Decidely unimpressive
for 6 bucks.

Old 19-08-2005, 07:36 PM
D. Gerasimatos

In article . com,
wrote:

Are you talking about the Fleury-Vidal or the Caves des Papes imported
by Cannon?

*I* was talking about the Fleury.

Dimitri