FoodBanter.com

-   -   What Do Dry Fruity Wine & Fruit-flavoured Mineral Water Have In common? (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/64687-what-do-dry-fruity.html)

jcoulter 07-07-2005 02:56 PM

"Raymond" > wrote in
:

> "They smell fruity but not taste fruity"
> Blindfolded and nose completely blocked:
> 1) Can one tell the difference between high alcohol bone-dry white and
> dry gin? Answer: no.
> 2) Which of the two would you say is fruit juice:
> a) ripe pineapple juice - nothing added, nothing taken away,
> b) ripe pineapple juice - with every trace of natural sweetness
> removed. Answer: 'a'---right?
> Conclusion: A fruity wine with its natural sweetness retained smells
> and tastes fruity. A fruity wine vinified bone-dry is like fruity
> shampoo only smells fruity.
> We don't equate pure mango juice with mango-flavoured mineral water do
> we? Ray

interesting analysis, however, I don't drink fruit juice, it is too
sweet I do drink dry white wines and enjoy the subtle aromas and tastes
that they bring including the mineralness of say a Chablis. Try getting
that kind of subtlty out of your pinapple.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Ken Blake 07-07-2005 06:36 PM

In ,
Raymond > typed:

> Blindfolded and nose completely blocked:
> 1) Can one tell the difference between high alcohol bone-dry
> white
> and dry gin? Answer: no.

Blindfolded and nose completely blocked you can hardly tell the
difference between any two drinks or foods, unless the texture
gives it away.

Even with just blindfolding and not blocking the nose, most
people can't tell the difference between coca-cola and ginger
ale.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup