Default Book FS: Fear of Wine ~ An Introductory Guide to the Grape by Leslie Brenner

Author Leslie Brenner delivers a book for anyone who's ever been
intimidated by a wine list, bullied by a wine snob or overwhelmed at
the wine store. The Fear of Wine will appeal to anyone who wants to
know about a subject that can bring great pleasure and social comfort.

We are pleased to offer the book Fear of Wine at a starting price of $
2.95 and shipping only $ 2.00 at:

Thank you,
http-mart

DaleW

"bullied by a wine snob"

A wine snob? Singular? Don't you know we travel in packs? Just the
other day me and my gang (Hell's Oenophiles, NY chapter) saw some poor
non-geek swilling Barton & Guestier Vouvray. We bitch-slapped the guy
and forced some Huet demi-sec down his throat. Good thing he didn't
have that book!

Emery Davis

On 18 Apr 2005 09:19:28 -0700, "DaleW" > said:

] "bullied by a wine snob"
]
] A wine snob? Singular? Don't you know we travel in packs? Just the
] other day me and my gang (Hell's Oenophiles, NY chapter) saw some poor
] non-geek swilling Barton & Guestier Vouvray. We bitch-slapped the guy
] and forced some Huet demi-sec down his throat. Good thing he didn't
] have that book!
]

LOL! Thanks Dale. Finally something to laugh at here on afw.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to
Mark Lipton

DaleW wrote:
> "bullied by a wine snob"
>
> A wine snob? Singular? Don't you know we travel in packs? Just the
> other day me and my gang (Hell's Oenophiles, NY chapter) saw some poor
> non-geek swilling Barton & Guestier Vouvray. We bitch-slapped the guy
> and forced some Huet demi-sec down his throat. Good thing he didn't
> have that book!

ROFL!!! Me next, Dale?? I'm poised with a glass of Thirsty Lizard
Merlot at this very moment...

Mark Lipton
(currently runnin' wit' da East Bay Imbibers)
DaleW

"I'm poised with a glass of Thirsty Lizard
Merlot at this very moment... "

We'll work you over with some Lafleur.

You should see our outfits- sleeveless denim jackets with our emblem (a
skull in a Reidel Burgundy glass) and motto ("Born to say pain
grille").

Timothy Hartley

In message .com>
"DaleW" > wrote:

> "I'm poised with a glass of Thirsty Lizard
> Merlot at this very moment... "
>
> We'll work you over with some Lafleur.
>
> You should see our outfits- sleeveless denim jackets with our emblem (a
> skull in a Reidel Burgundy glass) and motto ("Born to say pain
> grille").

Gives an entirely new meaning to ”glassing• opponents in drink.

Tim Hartley
JEP62

Watch out Da Bep. There's a new kid in town.

Andy

Oh, sure, *Now* you let me know that B&G makes lousy Vouvray. That's $9
I'll never get back. :-)
Interestingly enough, the seller lives in the same city as I do. And
the book looks interesting. But it violates my policy against spam to
buy it.

DaleW wrote:
> "bullied by a wine snob"
>
> A wine snob? Singular? Don't you know we travel in packs? Just the
> other day me and my gang (Hell's Oenophiles, NY chapter) saw some

poor
> non-geek swilling Barton & Guestier Vouvray. We bitch-slapped the guy
> and forced some Huet demi-sec down his throat. Good thing he didn't
> have that book!

BallroomDancer

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Author Leslie Brenner delivers a book for anyone who's ever been
> intimidated by a wine list, bullied by a wine snob or overwhelmed at
> the wine store. The Fear of Wine will appeal to anyone who wants to
> know about a subject that can bring great pleasure and social comfort.
>
> We are pleased to offer the book Fear of Wine at a starting price of $
> 2.95 and shipping only $ 2.00 at:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=454410682 5
>
> Thank you,
> http-mart

Y'all ain't shoppin at the rite places iffen you'alls gittin "overwhelmed at
the wine store." Iffen y'all'l go to yer neiberhood Wal-Mart, you kin find
sum great wines. They must have at least 20 different kinds of Gallo alone!
Jest be mitey carefull 'bout mixin some of dem wines; I got siker than a
dawg once mixin' Carolina Scuppernong and Boone's Farm Strawberry wine.

Iffen I wants "great pleasure," an' iffen I want "Social Comfort," I leave
off the wine atall, and git myself a fifth of Southern Comford, 'n chase it
with Jack Daniels. Any stinkin' wine slob (or is that snob) that don't like
it kin kiss my grits. Iffen they comes down to Caroliny an' starts mouthin'
that snobby stuf, us members of the NC branch of Mad-Dog wine club will bury
dem up to dere arms next to the crik, an' let 'em wait for the alle-gaters.

Iffen u got a Wal-Mart, or a Piggly-Wiggly, or a Winn-Dixie nearby, ain't no
way you uns needs any hi-falutin' book 'bout fear of wine. Why, our Wal-Mart
even has sum wines that cost over $10 for just one bottle, and that ain't
even the big bottles!

Jim-bo

BallroomDancer

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Author Leslie Brenner delivers a book for anyone who's ever been
> intimidated by a wine list, bullied by a wine snob or overwhelmed at
> the wine store. The Fear of Wine will appeal to anyone who wants to
> know about a subject that can bring great pleasure and social comfort.
>
> We are pleased to offer the book Fear of Wine at a starting price of $
> 2.95 and shipping only $ 2.00 at:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=454410682 5
>
> Thank you,
> http-mart

Y'all ain't shoppin at the rite places iffen you'alls gittin "overwhelmed at
the wine store." Iffen y'all'l go to yer neiberhood Wal-Mart, you kin find
sum great wines. They must have at least 20 different kinds of Gallo alone!
Jest be mitey carefull 'bout mixin some of dem wines; I got siker than a
dawg once mixin' Carolina Scuppernong and Boone's Farm Strawberry wine.

Iffen I wants "great pleasure," an' iffen I want "Social Comfort," I leave
off the wine atall, and git myself a fifth of Southern Comford, 'n chase it
with Jack Daniels. Any stinkin' wine slob (or is that snob) that don't like
it kin kiss my grits. Iffen they comes down to Caroliny an' starts mouthin'
that snobby stuf, us members of the NC branch of Mad-Dog wine club will bury
dem up to dere arms next to the crik, an' let 'em wait for the alle-gaters.

Iffen u got a Wal-Mart, or a Piggly-Wiggly, or a Winn-Dixie nearby, ain't no
way you uns needs any hi-falutin' book 'bout fear of wine. Why, our Wal-Mart
even has sum wines that cost over $10 for just one bottle, and that ain't
even the big bottles!

Jim-bo

From Dallass top kitchens, reviewer Leslie Brenner is feeling the heat Travis McGee General Cooking 0 03-12-2014 10:09 AM
FA Escoffier Guide to Modern Cookery cook book 1939 Alys Marketplace 0 19-01-2009 11:00 PM
PDA Wine Guide Potblak Wine 0 07-04-2008 02:35 AM
Book Review - Please advise on Oldman's Guide to Outsmarting Wine Kreiner K. Wine 6 25-08-2005 04:56 AM
1st time grape wine using Jack's basic wine procedures Phil Winemaking 10 06-11-2004 11:45 AM