FoodBanter.com

-   -   some information on US rieslings (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/58755-some-information-us-rieslings.html)

MPEG 11-04-2005 08:15 PM

some information on US rieslings

Hi,

Just received two bottles of riesling from some friends. The thing is
that I don't know anything about USA produced wines, so could someone
help me with some information ?

The first riesling is : Lamoreaux Landing, Finger Lakes, it's a dry
riesling 2003

The 2nd is : Dr. Konstantin Frank, Finger Lakes, it's also dry 2003

I would like to have some more background information on these two
wines. Can I keep them for a while or do they need to be drunk quickly,
etc...

Thx a lot,

Xavier

cutecat 11-04-2005 11:11 PM

"MPEG" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Just received two bottles of riesling from some friends. The thing is
> that I don't know anything about USA produced wines, so could someone
> help me with some information ?
>
> The first riesling is : Lamoreaux Landing, Finger Lakes, it's a dry
> riesling 2003
>
> The 2nd is : Dr. Konstantin Frank, Finger Lakes, it's also dry 2003
>
> I would like to have some more background information on these two
> wines. Can I keep them for a while or do they need to be drunk quickly,
> etc...

Here is one of the area's official websites:

http://www.fingerlakeswinecountry.com/

And here is a 1997 tasting analysis:

http://www.wineloverspage.com/wines/finger.htm

I generally haven't found that NY rieslings can last more than three years
max, but maybe someone else on this board has had different experiences.