Tom S

Default "Sideways" rebuttal re Merlot

Worth a read, and perhaps a taste or two:
http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/merlot_1.html

Tom S

DaleW

thanks. Not always a fan of their columns, but like this one (though
feel sorry for their daughter- Media?).

Dana H. Myers

Tom S wrote:
> Worth a read, and perhaps a taste or two:
> http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/merlot_1.html

It is amusing, though, that there's really no need
to rebut anything Miles says about wine in _Sideways_.
Though Miles talks about wine, that isn't what is being
discussed.

The "Merlot Rant" really has nothing to do with Merlot.

Dana
Mark Lipton

DaleW wrote:
> thanks. Not always a fan of their columns, but like this one (though
> feel sorry for their daughter- Media?).

Let's hope that it's a pseudonym, Dale. But, is their point truly
unique to Merlot? I think that I could make the same argument (about
the vast gulf between ordinary and exceptional examples) about
Chardonnay and -- apropos of a recent thread -- Pinot Gris. Pinot Noir
is also (in)famous for its resemblance to the little girl with the
little curl ;-)

Mark Lipton