potatoman

Default Yadkin wine region in NC

I've recently learned of the Yadkin wine region in North Carolina which
is a short enough drive for my wife and me to take a day trip visit. Has
anyone visited any wineries/vineyards in this region? I think we're
going to plan a trip for the spring and I'm looking for any comments and
suggetions.
thanks,
brian
J. Harris

FWIW, The winter issue of "The Wine Report" (an Atlanta/Birmingham/Charlotte
area tabloid) features full reviews of the Yadkin region's wines. If you
can't find a copy (the cover story is "50 Forbidden Wines"), try their
website: http://www.winesimple.com/
J. Harris
"potatoman" > wrote in message
> I've recently learned of the Yadkin wine region in North Carolina which
> is a short enough drive for my wife and me to take a day trip visit. Has
> anyone visited any wineries/vineyards in this region? I think we're
> going to plan a trip for the spring and I'm looking for any comments and
> suggetions.
> thanks,
> brian

potatoman

J. Harris wrote:
> FWIW, The winter issue of "The Wine Report" (an Atlanta/Birmingham/Charlotte
> area tabloid) features full reviews of the Yadkin region's wines. If you
> can't find a copy (the cover story is "50 Forbidden Wines"), try their
> website: http://www.winesimple.com/
> J. Harris

thank you.
Art Stratemeyer

Bryan,

If you get a chance ... DEFINITELY get by Shelton Vineyards.

http://www.sheltonvineyards.com/

They have invested several million dollars here ... new french oak
barrels .. an outstanding winemaker.

Close your eyes ... taste their cabernet franc and let me know if you
think this wine was made in NC !!

Their vines are still young and in the very beginning they were buying
juice but now are doing their own. I think you will be pleasantly
surprised.

Art Stratemeyer
http://www.stratsplace.com
A Community Celebration the Joy of Wine,Gardening and the Arts

Cellar! Wine Software
http://www.cellarwinesoftware.com

Wine region reviews Dirk Nachbar Wine 6 30-09-2011 11:45 AM
German Wine Classifications, Oechsle per Region Paul J. Lange Wine 2 20-02-2005 11:57 AM
Douro wine region, Douro river trip tour, Port wine wineries visiting. Mario Wine 12 26-11-2003 07:11 PM
Douro wine region, Douro river trip tour, Port wine wineries visiting. Mario Winemaking 10 26-11-2003 07:11 PM
Douro wine region, Douro river trip tour, Port wine wineries visiting. Mario General 10 26-11-2003 07:11 PM