Dale Williams

Default TN: Cosme CdR during a mini-blizzard

Betsy made a lamb "tajine" (it wasn't really a tajine, more a stew, but that's
what Silver Palate Good Times called it) for a snowy day. After the first
couple of rounds of shoveling, I came in for dinner. I had opened the 2000 St.
Cosme Côtes du Rhône. Nice dark berry Syrah fruit, some smoke and pepper. The
tannins which were a tad rough on release have abated, delicious forward
medium-bodied wine. A little time lets the fruit deepen into a more kirschlike
note, with note of olives and a touch of earth. B+, A- for value.

Time to shovel some more.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a
good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where
it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy,
and certainly not of consistency.**
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply

Blizzard Dora General Cooking 37 22-12-2009 07:04 AM
St. Cosme, Clape, Harlan, Taylors Bill S. Wine 4 13-01-2009 09:27 AM
St. Cosme at New Bistro Bill S. Wine 1 08-09-2005 05:05 PM
Cailloux and Cosme Bill Spohn Wine 2 14-06-2004 04:33 PM