Wine (alt.food.wine) Devoted to the discussion of wine and wine-related topics. A place to read and comment about wines, wine and food matching, storage systems, wine paraphernalia, etc. In general, any topic related to wine is valid fodder for the group.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-01-2005, 01:01 PM
T. Autischer
 
Posts: n/a
Default TN: 98 Barolo Ginestra Casa Maté

Got this one as a gift from an friend. Actually, this wine could lay
down until 2010 but hey, could you resist it that long?
Very spicy, leather and plum nose. Pretty ripe tanines. Complex ripe
fruit aromas, spices (exotic wood?), maybe vanilla. Unbelieveably
looooooooooong finish. Accomplishes well with pasta with
eggplant-garlic-dried tomatoes sauce. Quite a rich experience!

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-01-2005, 02:06 PM
DaleW
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nice note. Who is producer on this?

  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-01-2005, 02:14 PM
T. Autischer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

DaleW wrote:
Nice note. Who is producer on this?

Thank you!
The producer is Elio Grasso of Monforte.
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Dave Devine
 
Posts: n/a
Default

T. Autischer wrote:

Got this one as a gift from an friend. Actually, this wine could lay
down until 2010 but hey, could you resist it that long?
Very spicy, leather and plum nose. Pretty ripe tanines. Complex ripe
fruit aromas, spices (exotic wood?), maybe vanilla. Unbelieveably
looooooooooong finish. Accomplishes well with pasta with
eggplant-garlic-dried tomatoes sauce. Quite a rich experience!


Is it too off-topic to ask for a recipe?

Dave

--
There's a fine line between stupid and clever.
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-01-2005, 07:38 PM
T. Autischer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dave Devine wrote:
T. Autischer wrote:


Got this one as a gift from an friend. Actually, this wine could lay
down until 2010 but hey, could you resist it that long?
Very spicy, leather and plum nose. Pretty ripe tanines. Complex ripe
fruit aromas, spices (exotic wood?), maybe vanilla. Unbelieveably
looooooooooong finish. Accomplishes well with pasta with
eggplant-garlic-dried tomatoes sauce. Quite a rich experience!



Is it too off-topic to ask for a recipe?

Dave

i hope not ;-)
cut eggplant into small cubes, salt and put on some paper towel
in the meantime, chop 3-4 garlic gloves, some dried tomatoes (cut into
long pieces) and fresh thyme
heat extra vergine olive oil, add tomatoes and garlic and stir constantly
after 2-3 minutes add egg-plant, stir for 2 more minutes, add 1dl red
wine (NOT THE BAROLO!! ;-), crush some peperoncino (small dried hot
italian peppers) and reduce heat
when eggplant becomes soft, add thyme, salt and pepper
cook some pasta (i use penne rigate, but rigatoni are just as good) AL
DENTE!!, add pasta into bowl with sauce, turn the heat to maximum and
stir all together for 30 seconds
serve with freshly grated grana padano cheese

everyone - sorry for off-topic!


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Dave Devine
 
Posts: n/a
Default

T. Autischer wrote:

Dave Devine wrote:
T. Autischer wrote:


Got this one as a gift from an friend. Actually, this wine could lay
down until 2010 but hey, could you resist it that long?
Very spicy, leather and plum nose. Pretty ripe tanines. Complex ripe
fruit aromas, spices (exotic wood?), maybe vanilla. Unbelieveably
looooooooooong finish. Accomplishes well with pasta with
eggplant-garlic-dried tomatoes sauce. Quite a rich experience!



Is it too off-topic to ask for a recipe?

Dave

i hope not ;-)
cut eggplant into small cubes, salt and put on some paper towel
in the meantime, chop 3-4 garlic gloves, some dried tomatoes (cut into
long pieces) and fresh thyme
heat extra vergine olive oil, add tomatoes and garlic and stir constantly
after 2-3 minutes add egg-plant, stir for 2 more minutes, add 1dl red
wine (NOT THE BAROLO!! ;-), crush some peperoncino (small dried hot
italian peppers) and reduce heat
when eggplant becomes soft, add thyme, salt and pepper
cook some pasta (i use penne rigate, but rigatoni are just as good) AL
DENTE!!, add pasta into bowl with sauce, turn the heat to maximum and
stir all together for 30 seconds
serve with freshly grated grana padano cheese

everyone - sorry for off-topic!


Thanks! Can't wait to try it.

Dave

--
There's a fine line between stupid and clever.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2000 Elio Grasso Barolo Ginestra "Casa Mate" Bi!! Wine 0 18-11-2013 05:55 PM
Yerba Mate zxcvbob General Cooking 4 26-07-2010 08:40 PM
Elio Grasso Barolo Vigna Casa Mate 1997 Forst65 Wine 0 22-08-2006 12:07 AM
Mate Dada Tea 29 14-09-2005 02:25 PM
TN: 98 Barolo Ginestra Casa Maté T. Autischer Wine 0 18-01-2005 01:01 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017