Mat

Default Jancis Robinson's Wine Course [BBC2 video].

Hello,

Anyone seen this? I picked it up for pretty much nothing in a discount
shop the other day [not a wine store in case anyone was wondering].

Its a little bit old [1995] but still quite interesting. Some of the
fashions are funny, and I thought it was hilarious they were talking
about how the desolated Barossa is starting to produce some shiraz.

It seems to have passages of French with no subtitles etc, which is a
little annoying as I can only speak a little French, so when they start
going at 100 miles an hour its a bit hard to pick it all up.

One of the more amusing moments for me was her getting an Oz wine maker
to try Chateau Mersault [in the order of about 50 pounds even back then]
I *think* it was, and him saying "OK, but I'd prefer our stuff". Then
her giving the French Burgundian guy a Jacob's Creek 93ish Chardonnay
[less than $10AU even now, and even tight-wad moi tries to avoid most
Jacob's Creek at this level] and he sniffs it, whispers "Is this
corked?". She says she doesn't think so. He trys it, goes to spit it
into the bucket, then runs outside and spits it into the drain, he
wouldn't even spit it in his own cellar. Then he says "Yes, that's
Australian chardonnay" but would not be drawn.

I did giggle.

Mat.

Jancis updates on the fake Ponsots DaleW Wine 1 20-07-2009 01:05 PM
DRINK WINE AND HOOK UP VIDEO R C & M S Wine 0 27-07-2006 08:06 PM
Video Blog on Wine John Roi Wine 0 25-02-2006 01:18 AM
Jancis Robinson in Financial Times re Bdx 1995-2005 DaleW Wine 0 31-10-2005 01:21 AM
Jancis Robinson's Wine Course [BBC2 video]. Mat Wine 13 14-01-2005 09:20 AM