jcoulter

Default Ch Gloria 1997

OK I paid half price (25USD) for this at a clearance in a grocery store. I
figured it was worth a shot even if the storage was not the best.

On opening great color no brown on the edges. The cork came off and brought
a whiff of cabernet sauvignon to the room. I like the perfume effect. As i
said it poured a delightful deep purply red and had a hint of tannin in the
long finish. After a while I am not noticing the tannin just a nice healthy
glass of wine.

It should be noted that in a perfect world I would have opened a Hermitage
or Grand Cru St. Emilion for the rack of lamb that awaits in about 10
minutes, but hey in the words of a noted politician you drink the wine that
is poured.

Oh no, I take it all back, the lamb came out, the wine is soo smooth, Life
is good if only I had bought another bottle. . .
Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi jcoulter,

le/on Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:36:08 -0600, tu disais/you said:-

>OK I paid half price (25USD) for this at a clearance in a grocery store. I
>figured it was worth a shot even if the storage was not the best.

>It should be noted that in a perfect world I would have opened a Hermitage
>or Grand Cru St. Emilion for the rack of lamb that awaits in about 10
>minutes, but hey in the words of a noted politician you drink the wine that
>is poured.

Mais non, mais non, A good Médoc is magnificent with a rack of lamb. I
rather prefer St Emilion with more sauvcy lamb dishes, like a braised
stuffed leg, for exampole. As for a Hermitage, that's _such_ a different
beast that I really don't see it against lamb at all - mind you, I've never
tried the combination. I would serve it with game, furred game at that.

>Oh no, I take it all back, the lamb came out, the wine is soo smooth, Life
>is good if only I had bought another bottle. . .

There you are you see!!

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi jcoulter,

le/on Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:36:08 -0600, tu disais/you said:-

>OK I paid half price (25USD) for this at a clearance in a grocery store. I
>figured it was worth a shot even if the storage was not the best.

>It should be noted that in a perfect world I would have opened a Hermitage
>or Grand Cru St. Emilion for the rack of lamb that awaits in about 10
>minutes, but hey in the words of a noted politician you drink the wine that
>is poured.

Mais non, mais non, A good Médoc is magnificent with a rack of lamb. I
rather prefer St Emilion with more sauvcy lamb dishes, like a braised
stuffed leg, for exampole. As for a Hermitage, that's _such_ a different
beast that I really don't see it against lamb at all - mind you, I've never
tried the combination. I would serve it with game, furred game at that.

>Oh no, I take it all back, the lamb came out, the wine is soo smooth, Life
>is good if only I had bought another bottle. . .

There you are you see!!

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
http://www.souvigne.com
jcoulter

Ian Hoare > wrote in
:

> Salut/Hi jcoulter,
>

> Mais non, mais non, A good Médoc is magnificent with a rack of lamb. I
> rather prefer St Emilion with more sauvcy lamb dishes, like a braised
> stuffed leg, for exampole. As for a Hermitage, that's _such_ a
> different beast that I really don't see it against lamb at all - mind
> you, I've never tried the combination. I would serve it with game,
> furred game at that.

Oh the Hermitage, well I was thinking of one particular one a Guigal from
IIRC 88 loved that wine.

and I pickedthe Ch Gloria on purpose becasue I knew it was a good choice;
however, I am not a CS fan as a rule so while waiting for diner, my mind
was contemplating that which might have been. As you saw reality pulled me
back and I am quite within my senses this morning.

My best to you, one day I shall find my way back to our region
jcoulter

Ian Hoare > wrote in
:

> Salut/Hi jcoulter,
>

> Mais non, mais non, A good Médoc is magnificent with a rack of lamb. I
> rather prefer St Emilion with more sauvcy lamb dishes, like a braised
> stuffed leg, for exampole. As for a Hermitage, that's _such_ a
> different beast that I really don't see it against lamb at all - mind
> you, I've never tried the combination. I would serve it with game,
> furred game at that.

Oh the Hermitage, well I was thinking of one particular one a Guigal from
IIRC 88 loved that wine.

and I pickedthe Ch Gloria on purpose becasue I knew it was a good choice;
however, I am not a CS fan as a rule so while waiting for diner, my mind
was contemplating that which might have been. As you saw reality pulled me
back and I am quite within my senses this morning.

My best to you, one day I shall find my way back to our region

Hunt

In article >, 225
says...

>OK I paid half price (25USD) for this at a clearance in a grocery store. I
>figured it was worth a shot even if the storage was not the best.
>
>On opening great color no brown on the edges. The cork came off and brought
>a whiff of cabernet sauvignon to the room. I like the perfume effect. As i
>said it poured a delightful deep purply red and had a hint of tannin in the
>long finish. After a while I am not noticing the tannin just a nice healthy
>glass of wine.
>
>It should be noted that in a perfect world I would have opened a Hermitage
>or Grand Cru St. Emilion for the rack of lamb that awaits in about 10
>minutes, but hey in the words of a noted politician you drink the wine that
>is poured.
>
>Oh no, I take it all back, the lamb came out, the wine is soo smooth, Life
>is good if only I had bought another bottle. . .

I need to shop with you! When we get the Gloria, its usually about runs about
US$40, and it availability is spotty, at best. Over the years, this has been
one of my favorite "low-end" Bdx wines, and since it "now" a property of Ch St
Pierre (a distant relative of my wife's family) has an added bonus for our
household.

Got lucky in SF last month, and scored 10 btls of the '00 St Pierre from good
storage for US$45, which I consider a steal. Even with shipping, it came in at
about 1/2 - 3/4 of what I have had to pay locally.

Glad you liked the Gloria. And, I also think E Guigal Hermitage with my "
grilled" lamb.

Hunt

Hunt

In article >, 225
says...

>OK I paid half price (25USD) for this at a clearance in a grocery store. I
>figured it was worth a shot even if the storage was not the best.
>
>On opening great color no brown on the edges. The cork came off and brought
>a whiff of cabernet sauvignon to the room. I like the perfume effect. As i
>said it poured a delightful deep purply red and had a hint of tannin in the
>long finish. After a while I am not noticing the tannin just a nice healthy
>glass of wine.
>
>It should be noted that in a perfect world I would have opened a Hermitage
>or Grand Cru St. Emilion for the rack of lamb that awaits in about 10
>minutes, but hey in the words of a noted politician you drink the wine that
>is poured.
>
>Oh no, I take it all back, the lamb came out, the wine is soo smooth, Life
>is good if only I had bought another bottle. . .

I need to shop with you! When we get the Gloria, its usually about runs about
US$40, and it availability is spotty, at best. Over the years, this has been
one of my favorite "low-end" Bdx wines, and since it "now" a property of Ch St
Pierre (a distant relative of my wife's family) has an added bonus for our
household.

Got lucky in SF last month, and scored 10 btls of the '00 St Pierre from good
storage for US$45, which I consider a steal. Even with shipping, it came in at
about 1/2 - 3/4 of what I have had to pay locally.

Glad you liked the Gloria. And, I also think E Guigal Hermitage with my "
grilled" lamb.

Hunt

Joe Giorgianni

> I need to shop with you! When we get the Gloria, its usually about runs
> about
> US$40, and it availability is spotty, at best.

Geez, I guess I've been buying wine a long time. That's what I used to pay
for Mouton-Rothschild!

--
Joe Giorgianni
TheWho.org

"This guitar has seconds to live" Posters

Joe Giorgianni