loobyloo

Default Albanian beer, wine etc.

I'm planning an evening soon where all the food and drink is going to be
from Albania. I've found quite a few recipes (and the food overlaps with
other countries' anyway) but finding sources of Albanian beer or wine in
the UK is proving a little more difficult.

I was wondering is anyone knew of any Albanian alcholic beverages available
in the UK. It'd be nice if it was beer or wine rather than some fruit
brandy or something really strong that you can't drink all night (well, I
can't - although I'm sure the residents of Tirane are made of tougher
stuff!)

--
Cliff Laine, The Old Lard Factory, Lancaster http://www.loobynet.com
* remove any trace of rudeness before you reply *

The main advantage of not having children is that you can
continue to think of yourself as a good person.

Fay Weldon
Ale-Fan

I would also be interested in Albanian beer - what's it like and does anyone
have a homebrew recipe ?
Regards
Ale Fan

"loobyloo" > wrote in message
> I'm planning an evening soon where all the food and drink is going to be
> from Albania. I've found quite a few recipes (and the food overlaps with
> other countries' anyway) but finding sources of Albanian beer or wine in
> the UK is proving a little more difficult.
>
> I was wondering is anyone knew of any Albanian alcholic beverages

available
> in the UK. It'd be nice if it was beer or wine rather than some fruit
> brandy or something really strong that you can't drink all night (well, I
> can't - although I'm sure the residents of Tirane are made of tougher
> stuff!)
>
> --
> Cliff Laine, The Old Lard Factory, Lancaster http://www.loobynet.com
> * remove any trace of rudeness before you reply *
> __________________________________________________ ___________________
>
> The main advantage of not having children is that you can
> continue to think of yourself as a good person.
>
> Fay Weldon

Ale-Fan

"loobyloo" > wrote in message
> I'm planning an evening soon where all the food and drink is going to be
> from Albania. I've found quite a few recipes (and the food overlaps with
> other countries' anyway) but finding sources of Albanian beer or wine in
> the UK is proving a little more difficult.
>
> I was wondering is anyone knew of any Albanian alcholic beverages

available
> in the UK. It'd be nice if it was beer or wine rather than some fruit
> brandy or something really strong that you can't drink all night (well, I
> can't - although I'm sure the residents of Tirane are made of tougher
> stuff!)
>
> --
> Cliff Laine, The Old Lard Factory, Lancaster http://www.loobynet.com
> * remove any trace of rudeness before you reply *
> __________________________________________________ ___________________
>
> The main advantage of not having children is that you can
> continue to think of yourself as a good person.
>
> Fay Weldon

loobyloo

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:39:35 -0000, Ale-Fan wrote:

> I would also be interested in Albanian beer - what's it like and does anyone
> have a homebrew recipe ?

I haven't tasted any but I'll let you know if I find anything. Albania
produces lots of wine. It's just finding a UK importer that's the problem.

A local pub known for its European beers said that it might have some
Albanian brandy, but I don't want to drink brandy all night.

--
Cliff Laine, The Old Lard Factory, Lancaster http://www.loobynet.com
* remove any trace of rudeness before you reply *

The main advantage of not having children is that you can
continue to think of yourself as a good person.

Fay Weldon
loobyloo