Leo Bueno

Default Michael's reference books

Michael:

Please consider posting your list of reference books, particularly
those you find most useful.

Thanks.

"Chris Sprague" > wrote:

> That makes perfect sense now that I think about it. Thank you
> very much.

You're welcome! But in fact, this wisdom came from a trip to the
Douro with George Sandeman (and from talks with Dirk van der
Niepoort); I don't remember having read abiout it in one of my
reference books.

M.

Michael Pronay

Leo Bueno > wrote:

> Please consider posting your list of reference books,
> particularly those you find most useful.

Impossible thing. I never did a count, but the number of wine
books on my shelves might exceed 500.

The ones I look into most a

General works:

- J. Robinson, Oxford Wine Companion

- H. Johnson, Wine Atlas

- F. Schoonmaker, Encyclopaedia of Wine

- M. Broadbent, The Great Vintage Wine Book (I & II), Vintage Wine

- E. Peynaud, Le Goût du Vin

For specific regions

- Parker, Bordeaux

- Pitiot & Poupon, Atlas des Grands Vignobles de Bourgogne

HTH,

M.
Michael Pronay

Leo Bueno > wrote:

> Please consider posting your list of reference books,
> particularly those you find most useful.

Impossible thing. I never did a count, but the number of wine
books on my shelves might exceed 500.

The ones I look into most a

General works:

- J. Robinson, Oxford Wine Companion

- H. Johnson, Wine Atlas

- F. Schoonmaker, Encyclopaedia of Wine

- M. Broadbent, The Great Vintage Wine Book (I & II), Vintage Wine

- E. Peynaud, Le Goût du Vin

For specific regions

- Parker, Bordeaux

- Pitiot & Poupon, Atlas des Grands Vignobles de Bourgogne

HTH,

M.
Timothy Hartley

My favourite series is the Faber & Faber one edited by Julian Jeffs which
includes Alsace by Tom Stevenson, Burgundy by Anthony Hanson, Bordeaux by
David Peppercorn and French Country Wines by Rosemary George. In addition I
agree about the World Atlas of Wine and also like the Sotheby‘s Wine Atlas.
I would not be without either Duijker & Broadbent‘s Bordeaux Atlas or, of
course, Cocks & Feret. My annual most essential purchase is the Guide
Hachette des Vins.

Timothy Hartley