FoodBanter.com

-   -   Italian red wine (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/50049-italian-red-wine.html)

[email protected] 02-01-2005 01:05 AM

Italian red wine

One of my fried gave this name - Bolla Baa Do Lino" but I could not
find it via internet.
I am looking for a Italian red wine "Bolla Baa Do Lino".
Or something close to the name, it is Italian red wine.
Thanks

st.helier 02-01-2005 01:08 AM

Try Bardolino !

Anders Tørneskog 02-01-2005 01:43 AM

"st.helier" > skrev i melding
> Try Bardolino !

Yes, and Bolla is a big producer in Verona. Bardolino is a district well
known for lightweight reds.

Ken Blake 02-01-2005 04:14 AM

In ups.com,
> typed:

> One of my fried gave this name - Bolla Baa Do Lino" but I could
> not
> find it via internet.
> I am looking for a Italian red wine "Bolla Baa Do Lino".
> Or something close to the name, it is Italian red wine.

"Bardolino" is an Italian red from the Veneto. Bolla is a brand
name. Bolla Bardolino is a Bardolino made by Bolla.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Ken Blake 02-01-2005 04:14 AM

In ups.com,

Tom S 02-01-2005 07:29 AM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> One of my fried gave this name - Bolla Baa Do Lino" but I could not
> find it via internet.
> I am looking for a Italian red wine "Bolla Baa Do Lino".
> Or something close to the name, it is Italian red wine.

That would be "Bolla Bardolino". Nice, light red wine. Bolla Valpolicella
is similar - and pleasant quaffing too.

Tom S

Dale Williams 02-01-2005 08:56 PM

I assume Bolla (maker) Bardolino (area wine is produced. Widespread
distribution in US, at least.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply

DaleW 02-01-2005 09:51 PM

oops, apologies- seems this was "asked and answered". For some reason
my newsreader is droppin glots of posts last couple days/

[email protected] 02-01-2005 11:54 PM

Val Poh Lee Chella is a similar wine.

Tom S 03-01-2005 04:40 AM

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Val Poh Lee Chella is a similar wine.

And don't forget to "Chill a Cella!"

"Riuniti on ice? That's nice!"

Tom S

Giorgio68 04-01-2005 10:23 PM

wrote:

> One of my fried gave this name - Bolla Baa Do Lino" but I could not
> find it via internet.
> I am looking for a Italian red wine "Bolla Baa Do Lino".
> Or something close to the name, it is Italian red wine.
> Thanks

Maybe that is this one (Bardolino Classico):

http://www.bolla.it/bolla/website/pr...dolino_cla.htm

or this one (Bardolino Chiaretto, quite close to "rosé"):

http://www.bolla.it/bolla/website/pr...olino_chia.htm

Also, keep in mind that grapes used to make "bardolino" are the same
used to make "Valpolicella", only the area they grow is different.

My 2 cents

--
Giorgio68

Giorgio68 04-01-2005 10:23 PM

Vilco 05-01-2005 03:50 PM

Tom S wrote:

> "Riuniti on ice? That's nice!"

Hey, you're speaking Lambrusco, here :)
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Vilco 07-01-2005 04:00 PM

Mike Tommasi wrote:

>>> "Riuniti on ice? That's nice!"

>> Hey, you're speaking Lambrusco, here :)

> Hi Vilco
> we should make everyone on AFW taste some of those
> extrarterrestrial Lambruschi you served us in the Cinque
> Terre...

Definitely. I like to interprehet the word "extraterrestrial" as
a shade of "celestial" :)

But let's remember that Moro del Moro has a 60% Pinot Noir,
confirmed to me by Paola Rinaldini at the phone.
The grapes used for this wine are creating a lot of confusion. If
you find it reviewed in 3 different wine-guides, they almost
surely list a different composition each one: AIS Duemilavini,
for example, states it is 60% Lambrusco and 40% Ancellotta.
BTW - the same guide does not review the Cantine Cooperative
Riunite, nice move I have to admit :)
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Vilco 07-01-2005 04:00 PM

Vilco 07-01-2005 05:17 PM

Mike Tommasi wrote:

>> BTW - the same guide does not review the Cantine
>> Cooperative Riunite, nice move I have to admit :)

> So next time I'm in your area (end of january?) let's go
> see for ourselves. Where are they exactly?

There are plenty of better places to visit, and I seldom are in a
masochist mood...
Better get to a restaurant and taste something :)
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Vilco 07-01-2005 05:17 PM