Leo Bueno

Default Carbonated sparkler brands

I am aware that one of the techniques used to create sparklers is to
inject CO2 gas at low temperature into still wine, producing cheap
sparklers.

I don't recall ever running into one of those products in the US. I
am curious to see how good/bad they are.

So, will appreciate getting some brand name suggestions for my next
trip to the wine shop or supermarket.

Thanks.

Bill Loftin

Leo Bueno wrote:
> I am aware that one of the techniques used to create sparklers is to
> inject CO2 gas at low temperature into still wine, producing cheap
> sparklers.
>
> I don't recall ever running into one of those products in the US. I
> am curious to see how good/bad they are.
>
> So, will appreciate getting some brand name suggestions for my next
> trip to the wine shop or supermarket.

Can you say Andre Champagne. It does not even qualify as sparkling wine
in the US and sells for $2us/btl
jcoulter

Bill Loftin > wrote in news:Hopzd.9368$RH4.4944
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> Leo Bueno wrote:

>> So, will appreciate getting some brand name suggestions for my next
>> trip to the wine shop or supermarket.

> Can you say Andre Champagne. It does not even qualify as sparkling

wine
> in the US and sells for $2us/btl

Ahh Andre a step up I believe from the original, seldom duplicated and
rarely equalled (bettered yes, equalled, no), Cold Duck.

jcoulter

Bill Loftin > wrote in news:Hopzd.9368$RH4.4944
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> Leo Bueno wrote:

>> So, will appreciate getting some brand name suggestions for my next
>> trip to the wine shop or supermarket.

> Can you say Andre Champagne. It does not even qualify as sparkling

wine
> in the US and sells for $2us/btl

Ahh Andre a step up I believe from the original, seldom duplicated and
rarely equalled (bettered yes, equalled, no), Cold Duck.

Pantheras

jcoulter wrote:

> Bill Loftin > wrote in news:Hopzd.9368$RH4.4944
>>>So, will appreciate getting some brand name suggestions for my next
>>>trip to the wine shop or supermarket.

>>Can you say Andre Champagne. It does not even qualify as sparkling

> wine
>>in the US and sells for $2us/btl

> Ahh Andre a step up I believe from the original, seldom duplicated and
> rarely equalled (bettered yes, equalled, no), Cold Duck.

Yes, but Cold Duck has had a reincarnation and is now called
Sparkling Shiraz.

Pantheras

jcoulter wrote:

> Bill Loftin > wrote in news:Hopzd.9368$RH4.4944
>>>So, will appreciate getting some brand name suggestions for my next
>>>trip to the wine shop or supermarket.

>>Can you say Andre Champagne. It does not even qualify as sparkling

> wine
>>in the US and sells for $2us/btl

> Ahh Andre a step up I believe from the original, seldom duplicated and
> rarely equalled (bettered yes, equalled, no), Cold Duck.

Yes, but Cold Duck has had a reincarnation and is now called
Sparkling Shiraz.

Leo Bueno

According to the Gallo website, Andre *is* sparkling wine. Take a
look at
http://jobs.gallo.com/Portfolio/sparkling.asp
"André: America's best-selling sparkling wine offers a taste with
broad appeal as well as consistent quality and value."

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 21:17:43 -0600, jcoulter

:

>> Leo Bueno wrote:

>>> So, will appreciate getting some brand name suggestions for my next
>>> trip to the wine shop or supermarket.

>> Can you say Andre Champagne. It does not even qualify as sparkling

>wine
>> in the US and sells for $2us/btl
>>

>Ahh Andre a step up I believe from the original, seldom duplicated and
>rarely equalled (bettered yes, equalled, no), Cold Duck.

Anders Třrneskog

"Leo Bueno" > skrev i melding

> According to the Gallo website, Andre *is* sparkling wine. Take a
> look at
> http://jobs.gallo.com/Portfolio/sparkling.asp
> "André: America's best-selling sparkling wine offers a taste with
> broad appeal as well as consistent quality and value."

Well, now what appeals to broads don't necessarily appeal to me.
Anders

Bill Loftin

Leo Bueno wrote:

> According to the Gallo website, Andre *is* sparkling wine. Take a
> look at
> http://jobs.gallo.com/Portfolio/sparkling.asp
> "André: America's best-selling sparkling wine offers a taste with
> broad appeal as well as consistent quality and value."

You have provided me another reason to never drink Andre.