FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 2011 Billards (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/454332-tn-2011-billards.html)

[email protected] 27-05-2021 08:21 PM

TN: 2011 Billards

Needed a quick and simple dinner- broiled HMart marinated chicken thighs, sourdough discard scallion pancakes, sesame spinach, salad. Wine was the 2011 Domaine des Billards St Amour. Bright red fruits, garden herbs, crunchy minerally finish. "11 are indeed in a nice place right now..B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Mark Lipton[_2_] 27-05-2021 09:36 PM

TN: 2011 Billards

On 5/27/21 3:21 PM, wrote:
> Needed a quick and simple dinner- broiled HMart marinated chicken thighs, sourdough discard scallion pancakes, sesame spinach, salad. Wine was the 2011 Domaine des Billards St Amour. Bright red fruits, garden herbs, crunchy minerally finish. "11 are indeed in a nice place right now..B+

Thanks for the note, Dale. I see that my '11s are all Morgons and
Coudert, so maybe a bit more structured than your St. Amour? I note
that John Gilman has pronounced 2020 as the start date for my Drouhin
Morgon.

Mark Lipton