FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Macon, Savigny, Tuscany, Roussillon, Kremstal (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/453264-tn-macon-savigny-tuscany.html)

[email protected] 19-01-2021 09:16 PM

TN: Macon, Savigny, Tuscany, Roussillon, Kremstal

Salmon with basil and tomato, spinach, potato salad, green salad
2008 Pavelot €śaux Guettes€ť Savigny-les-Beaune
Fairly reticent to start, opens up. Crunchy black raspberry fruit, espresso, coffee, some herbal notes. No hurry here. B+

Oysters, mussels with tomato and pasta,
2018 Drouhin St. Veran
Apple and white pit fruit, citrus flowers, ripe fruit but good acids, a good deal. B/B+

Korean chicken wings, broccoli, rice
2019 Laguerre Eos Rose (Cotes du Roussillon)
Fuller style, a little dull, ok with food but I like zippier rose.B-/C+

Oysters, fluke, rice bowl (salmon, pickles, seaweed, ikura), bok choy
1998 Nigl Privat Riesling
Deep color, but still lively. Dry peach, apple, petrol. Long stony finish. B+

Tuscan-style milk braised pork, pasta, eggplant, broccoli, salad
2016 Felsina Fontalloro
Pretty tight at first, but with a couple hours in decanter it opens nicely. Black cherry, saddle leather, anise. Pretty ripe with nice acidic/tannic structure. B+

Beef Hungarian (peppers and paprika), sauteed potatoes, salad
1977 Sterling Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
This was for our Zoom call, 2 out of 7 had duff bottles (one maderized, one out of control VA). Mine was fine - just a little lifted note, high-toned as wed say, but definitely not flaw. Red fruit with a camphor meets herb note, still a hint of tannin, clean lively acid. Fruit gets sweeter and richer through night. Very nice showing . B+/A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.