Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: CFE, Prieure Lichine, Jadot, Coudert, Baudry

Late dinner Thursday, Scallion pancake,Korean marinated chicken, kale, rice, and the
2010 Clos de la Roilette (Coudert) Cuvee Tardive Fleurie. In a lovely place- spicy red fruit with damp soil and a little tar. Tannins are well-integrated, bright acids, silky mouthfeel. What I want in a Beaujolais with a bit of age. No hurry but no hesitation. A-/B+

Friday Slightly spicy meatloaf, broccolini, and the 2017 Baudry Domaine Chinon. Some slightly raspy tannin, still pretty primary, cassis and black raspberry, some leafy herbs. Good but needs time. B

Saturday rabbit in tarragon/mustard cream sauce, egg noodles, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts
2001 Trimbach Cuvee Frederic Emile Riesling
Quite petrolly, but nice acidic spine, lemon and apple, a bit of ginger. Holds on strong for 2 days. B+/A-

Sunday oysters on half shell, sauteed scallops, fried rice, salad
2015 Jadot "Les Caillerets" Chassagne-Montrachet 1er
Some prominent wood, but I think it would integrate. Bigger problem is the tropical bent of the fruit, ripe and musky, just too ripe for me to think itll ever be my style. B-

Waygu Burger, bacon potato salad, green salad during my Monday Zoom group. Wine was the
1978 Ch. Prieure-Lichine. This is from a source that has had some great wines, and I think this was as good as "78 P-Lichine could be, great color. Nose has some interest- rose petals and cigarbox. But palate is rather thin, theres not much there there, and what there is has a damp ashtray edge. C+ (some others liked their bottle more)

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.