FoodBanter.com

-   -   tn: Five more wines (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/453178-tn-five-more-wines.html)

Dan the Man 08-01-2021 05:32 PM

tn: Five more wines

Dr. Konstantin Frank Dry Riesling 2019 -
pale gold, peach/gasoline aromas, peaches and honeydew on the palate.
Finger Lakes, of course.

Chateau Fourcas Dupre' Listrac-Medoc 2016 -
dark plummy color, jammy/hot nose, ripe flavors of plum, blueberry and tobacco. Went well with sirloin.

Inama Vin Soave Classico 2018 -
light gold, rather faint aroma of citrus, lemon and tart apple flavors with a fairly long, grapefruity finish.

Errazuriz Max Pinot Noir Reserva Valle de Aconcagua Costa 2017 -
cherry red in color and nose, tart cherry and raspberry flavors dominating with a touch of tannin.

Ravens Wood Old Vine Zinfandel Calif. 2017 -
maroon in color, pleasing bouquet and flavors of intense raspberry/black cherry, moderately tannic.

Dan-O

[email protected] 13-01-2021 08:50 PM

tn: Five more wines

On Friday, January 8, 2021 at 12:32:07 PM UTC-5, Dan the Man wrote:
> Dr. Konstantin Frank Dry Riesling 2019 -
> pale gold, peach/gasoline aromas, peaches and honeydew on the palate.
> Finger Lakes, of course.
>
> Chateau Fourcas Dupre' Listrac-Medoc 2016 -
> dark plummy color, jammy/hot nose, ripe flavors of plum, blueberry and tobacco. Went well with sirloin.
>
> Inama Vin Soave Classico 2018 -
> light gold, rather faint aroma of citrus, lemon and tart apple flavors with a fairly long, grapefruity finish.

Thanks for notes.

The Frank is usually dependable
Recently had a '70 F-Dupre, a knowledgable friend (ITB) was saying they've been very good (and more approachable) this century
I don't drink enough Soave (Anselmi usually when I do, but have liked Inama)

[email protected] 13-01-2021 09:26 PM

tn: Five more wines

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 3:50:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> I don't drink enough Soave (Anselmi usually when I do, but have liked Inama)

should have said Pieropan or Anselmi

Dan the Man 14-01-2021 03:29 PM

tn: Five more wines

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 4:26:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 3:50:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > I don't drink enough Soave (Anselmi usually when I do, but have liked Inama)

> should have said Pieropan or Anselmi

The PA state website appears to have more of the Pieropan available than Anselmi which is noted as "Limited Distribution".
I'll keep an eye out for both in the future.

Dan-O