FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: CA Sem/SB, Chianti, Savigny, Jura bubbles (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/452965-tn-ca-sem-sb.html)

[email protected] 14-12-2020 05:13 PM

TN: CA Sem/SB, Chianti, Savigny, Jura bubbles

few nights vegetarian at Betsys request
NV Henry Maire €śJurassique€ť Cremant de Jura
Apple and honey, nutty (almond) notes, hint of sweetness, crisp finish.Good value ($17). B

Tomato/cauliflower soup, onion galette, salad
2015 Lanciola " Le Masse di Greve" Chianti Classico Riserva
Good acids, some slightly raspy tannin, red and black cherry, a little leather. B/B-

Mushroom ragu, broccoli, salad
2002 Pavelot €śaux Guettes€ť Savigny-les-Beaune 1er
Really coming into its own, resolved tannin, balanced acids, black cherry accented with smoke and espresso. Nice textural mouthfeel, long finish with a nice ferric tang. B++

Oysters, grey sole, Swiss chard, leftover mushroom pasta
2009 Bedrock Caritas
This is holding together, no oxidation, but its not integrated. 11 years in and oak just continues to stick out, actually seems to be more prominent. Pear and vanilla, woody. C+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.