FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: My first Goodfellow, + Boulay and Peters (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/452658-tn-my-first-goodfellow.html)

[email protected] 12-11-2020 09:17 PM

TN: My first Goodfellow, + Boulay and Peters

Our Monday Zoom group met, the wine this time was the 2015 Goodfellow Heritage #4 Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir. Quite structured, with vigorous acids and some supple tannins. Raspberry and cherry, bright floral aromas, some spice. Marcus Goodfellow the winemaker was with us, very interesting discussion re knowing your vineyards, learning curves, stem inclusion, smoke, and more. This is a wine built to age, but I found it enjoyable now with air. Still showed well on Wednesday. B+/A-

A friend was celebrating a birthday, and her husband was out of town, so she came to dinner (tables facing from separate rooms, a fan removing air between us). She brought some of Rons smoked bluefish and salmon to start, I made lemon/garlic/anchovy chicken, potatoes, and broccoli rabe. Betsy made baked apples.

NV Pierre Peters Cuvee de Reserve BdB Champagne
No QR code, think Ive had this one a while. Green apple and yeasty bread dough, bright and complex. B+/B

2019 G. Boulay Sancerre (Chavignol)
Fresh, minerally, citrus with enough gooseberry to be used a Bueker-repellent, good snappy match with the chicken, B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.