Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: wines w/friends indoors! Loires, Madiran, Sekt, Chablis, etc

Citrus roasted salmon, rice with nori, roast cauliflower, and salad
2019 Lambert Chinon Rose
Light, crisp, crunchy red fruit, good value. B

Sausage roasted with grapes
2018 Guion Cuvee Domaine Bourgueil
Juicy dark fruits, touch of green herbs, nice glou glou style of Chinon. B

Halloween night Betsy made bouillabaisse, which we ate watching door (we gave out 60+ bags, pretty good for Covid!).
2019 Baudry Chinon Rose
Like previous bottles- nicely stony, with bright fruit and solid acids. B+

Cold and rainy Sunday we had another couple over, our first indoor dinner guests since the first week of March. We moved dining table to face doorway, set them a table in living room, had windows open and a pair of fans removing air between us.

Canapes (gravlax with shallot butter, soppresata with truffle mustard)
Portugese mussels (with chorizo, Ron made)
Mizuna salad
Lamb stew with white beans
A pumpkin dessert I think

1991 Peter Lauer Riesling Sekt Reserve
Gentle pop, but plenty of fizz left. Citrus, earth/peat moss, flowers, Quite fun! B+/A-

2015 Raul Perez Palomino ("Valdecanada).
Peach, some oxidative notes, musky . Others liked much more. B-/C+

2011 Fevre €śLes Clos€ť Chablis GC
Fresh (Diam 10), citrus and apple, apple blossom, seashorey minerality, yum, A-/B+

2002 Montevetrano
Brawny, some tannin, black plum and mocha. B

1998 Laffite-Teston Madiran
Modest fruit (blackcurrant & plum), some slightly raspy tannins still, moderate acid, some light green notes. Alive but not so fun, reminds me of a mediocre cool vintage Medoc. B-/C+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.