Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 Jura, 2 Alsace, 2 Savigny, 1 Saumur

With sourdough scallion pancake, stirfry with cabbage/leek/Chinese sausage/ peppers, and mustard greens with oyster sauce
2005 Trimbach €śCuvee Frederic Emile€ť Riesling
This is pretty ripe and round for CFE, peach and pineapple, some petrol, ready to go. B

2001 Trimbach €śCuvee Frederic Emile€ť Riesling
Color was a little darker than I expected, but racy and young on nose and palate. Petrol, citrus, herbs, with long stony finish. A-

Duck with braised vegetables (I accidentally omitted main one!), the forgotten carrots, salad
2002 Catherine and Claude Marechal Savigny-Les-Beaune VV
Red and black cherries and raspberries, smoke, herbs, a pointe and delicious. I never see Marechal any more. A-/B+

Oysters, halibut with potatoes, spinach
2013 Collier Saumur Blanc
Correct but not especially exciting Chenin, some wax and wool around apple fruit, good acids. B

Pork chops, delicata squash, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, salad
2007 Jadot €śNarbantons€ť Savigny-Les-Beaune
Fully mature, lighter styled, red cherry and some Earl Grey tea notes, moderate acids, resolved tannin. B

Our Zoom call was featuring a couple of Jura wines from Pelican (Angerville), so Betsy graciously made a version of chicken with vin jaune (a blend of Saumur Blanc and Amontillado substituting), with dried morels and fresh shiitake/cremini. Delicious!

2018 Domaine du Pelican Trois Cepages Arbois
Light, bright and primary, ok but Id rather have a similarly priced (or cheaper) Cru Beaujolais I think. B-/B

2018 Domaine du Pelican Ouille Savagnin Arbois
Not oxidative, bright and racy, herby and minerally, this is fun and Id definitely buy again. B++

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.