Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Burgs, Loires, Champagnes

Rainy Friday evening, roast chicken and fingerling sweet potatoes, and the 2002 Jadot Clos Des Couchereaux Beaune 1er. Bright acids, resolved tannins, ready and willing. Floral nose. Fresh red cherry fruit, some earth and spice, fun. B+

Saturday some friends came over - they brought appetizers (smoked salmon and smoked oyster canapes), we had oysters on half shell, butternut squash soup with duck two ways (confit and smoked breast), prime ribeyes with spinach.

2006 Henriot Brut
Toasty, honied pear, rich, good length. B+

2018 Picq Chablis
Racy acids, some citrus and seashell, lean but good. B/B+

2019 Baudry Chinon rose
Light, bright, citrus and spices, snappy. B+

2002 Maume €śEn Pallud€ť Gevrey-Chambertin
This seems a little flat but not old or oxidized. Stolid red fruit, resolved tannin, modest acids. not very long . B-/C+

Sunday Grey sole, sweet potatoes, & salad
2008 Pascal Cotat La Grande Cote
Quite ripe, pit fruits, hint of honey, good acids. B

Monday jerk ribs and potato salad, not super wine friendly, so I took safe route of pink bubbly while on Zoom call . The Marguet Shaman 16 Rose Champagne did admirably despite being non-dosage, electric acids, fine mousse, red berry and cherry fruit with bread dough and citrus. Fun B+/A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.