FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: La Chapelle (Auxey & Rhone), Vouvray, pet-nat, Bdx (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/452064-tn-la-chapelle-auxey.html)

[email protected] 14-09-2020 08:57 PM

TN: La Chapelle (Auxey & Rhone), Vouvray, pet-nat, Bdx

Friday I got out my tape measure for seat placement, and welcomed my local non-serious wine group. Everyone got a place with cheeses, smoked duck, soppresata. I grilled some sausages (lamb merguez, bratwurst, fennel) and squash, everyone had own tongs for retrieval

Jousset €śrose a Lies€ť
50/50 Groulleau & Gamay, pet nat. Good crispness, fresh strawberries and minty green herb, fun. B

2005 Huet €śClos du Bourg€ť Vouvray Sec
Fred blinded us with this. At first pour it was worrisomely dark, with some strong cidery notes. It freshened up, Wool and wax, a little softer acidity than I expected, good finish, B/B+

The rest were my wines, served blind
2013 Brunet €śArpent€ť Vouvray
First guesses were Sancerre. Dry and high acid (at least compared to the "05 Huet), fruit cocktail and honey, not a ton of complexity. B-

1983 Jaboulet €śLa Chapelle€ť Hermitage
Really nice showing, Ive had varied previous experiences. Tannins resolved, elegant and ready (others first guesses were Burgundy). Black fruits, smoked meat, a little leather. Ill drink others from this lot over next couple years (happily). A-
..
2011 Lafouge €śLa Chapelle€ť Auxey-Duresses 1er
Young, red fruit, a little anise and smoke,tangy and long. Very good for vintage. B+

(Id originally thought I had a "98 La Chapelle de LMHB, was going to have an impossible theme for the guys to guess, but I had drunk it, so the Sociando was a sub)

1986 Sociando-Mallet
Still some grip, sturdy black fruit accented with gamebird, green herbs, and cedar. No hurry here. B+/A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.