Posted to alt.food.wine

Default tn: Wines from here and there

Speri La Roverina Valpolicella Classico Superiore 2016
Maroon appearance, plum & cherry aromas with tastes of red cherries & mild oak, silky tannins. Easy to like.

Lustau Palo Cortado Peninsula Seco Xeres NV
Tawny brown in color, curried raisins (?) on the nose, sort of a mixed-nuts & fennel blend of flavors. My first try at a Palo Cortado sherry, not really my style!

Stony Run Viognier Lehigh Valley (PA) 2016
Slightly greenish, peachy on the nose with apricot, peach & key lime on the palate. I have a soft spot for vintners from my area, but this is easy to drink regardless of its origin.

Marques de Caceres Rioja Crianza 2015
Opaque maroon color, black cherry & plum aromas, black cherry & blackberry flavors with velvetty tannins. I have yet to be disappointed with Rioja reds.

Wagner Vineyards Finger Lakes Riesling Semi-dry 2017
pale greenish-gold, typical peach/gasoline aroma with peach and lemony/grapefruit flavors, zingy acidity. This is almost too full-flavored to match with most foods.

Alamos Torrontes Origin Salta Argentina 2017
Slightly greenish cast, peach with a bit of lime on the nose, grapefruit and Mandarin orange-like flavors, a bit sweet. Very likeable.

Out of all of these, the sherry is the only one I wouldn't buy again. I prefer sweeter Xeres.

Dan-O (just mixing it up a bit)
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, September 7, 2020 at 7:37:15 PM UTC-4, Dan the Man wrote:
> Stony Run Viognier Lehigh Valley (PA) 2016
> Slightly greenish, peachy on the nose with apricot, peach & key lime on the palate. I have a soft spot for vintners from my area, but this is easy to drink regardless of its origin.

I'm not a Viognier guy, but good for supporting your locasl!

> Marques de Caceres Rioja Crianza 2015
> Opaque maroon color, black cherry & plum aromas, black cherry & blackberry flavors with velvetty tannins. I have yet to be disappointed with Rioja reds.
> \\

Pretty safe bet!

> Wagner Vineyards Finger Lakes Riesling Semi-dry 2017
> pale greenish-gold, typical peach/gasoline aroma with peach and lemony/grapefruit flavors, zingy acidity. This is almost too full-flavored to match with most foods.

New winery to me, will look for

thanks for notes