Posted to alt.food.wine

Default bottom fishing

I read something, where the author claims that producers
pay the stores to display their bottles at eye level.
Hence, the best values can be found on the bottom shelf.
Which sounds reasonable, humans are lazy, not inclined to crouch while shopping.

What say you?

--
Rich
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/21/2020 1:24 PM, RichD wrote:
> I read something, where the author claims that producers
> pay the stores to display their bottles at eye level.
> Hence, the best values can be found on the bottom shelf.
> Which sounds reasonable, humans are lazy, not inclined to crouch while shopping.
>
> What say you?

I don't think that's true with respect to values, but it's certainly
true with respect to price. The most expensive wines are on the top
shelf and the least expensive on the bottom.

--
Ken
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, August 21, 2020 at 4:24:52 PM UTC-4, RichD wrote:
> I read something, where the author claims that producers
> pay the stores to display their bottles at eye level.
> Hence, the best values can be found on the bottom shelf.
> Which sounds reasonable, humans are lazy, not inclined to crouch while shopping.
>
> What say you?
>
> --
> Rich

I haven't really paid attention to placement in PA's state-run stores, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Supermarkets tend to put kid-oriented foods down where they can see them.

Dan-O (I'm not saying kids drink cheap wine!)
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, August 21, 2020 at 4:36:15 PM UTC-4, Ken Blake wrote:
> On 8/21/2020 1:24 PM, RichD wrote:
> > I read something, where the author claims that producers
> > pay the stores to display their bottles at eye level.
> > Hence, the best values can be found on the bottom shelf.
> > Which sounds reasonable, humans are lazy, not inclined to crouch while shopping.
> >
> > What say you?

> I don't think that's true with respect to values, but it's certainly
> true with respect to price. The most expensive wines are on the top
> shelf and the least expensive on the bottom.
>

> --
> Ken

I think that's often the case, but also I think at least in wine speciality stores (as opposed to supermarkets) it's usually the biggest brand, no matter what price. So worth looking at bottom for geekiest wines?

FISHING brooklyn1 General Cooking 0 17-01-2010 04:55 PM
Tampa Fishing Charter - Tampa Deep Sea Fishing, St. Pete FishingCharters sekharseo Diabetic 0 16-07-2009 07:22 AM