Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Pessac white, St Emilion, Sancerre, Champagne, Wachau

With some nice Waygu burgers, the 2000 Ch. Laroque (St. Emilion). Quite nice in a midmodern style, ripe black cherry and plum, hint of mocha, just a hint of tannic backbone remaining. Plush without being glossy, not so long. B+/B

With chicken/tofu/kale/soba stirfry . the 2013 Knoll Loibener Riesling Federspiel. Crisp, full, citrus and melon, stony finish. B+

Up to Beacon to visit with friends, and do a mini-hike. With assorted canapes
NV Bremont Cuvee Prestige Grand Cru Brut Champagne
This has a few years in cellar, nicely brioche-y, with apple and citrus rind, elegant mousse, long finish. A-/B+

2019 Vina Zorzal Garnacha Rosado (Navarra)A little reduced at first, quite ripe red fruit, nice flavors but a bit heavier/softer than I want in my pink. B-
Home for scallops and fried rice, bok choy. The 2018 Nicolas Girard Sancerre is sweet, tropical and a tad flabby. C+

For Fathers Day, a Taillevent recipe for watercress soup, followed by lobster, potato salad, green salad with citrus and avocado. A bit of a splurge for the wine, the 1990 Laville Haut Brion blanc. Quite young, wax and vanilla over a solid fruit base of tropical and citrus flavors. Nice length, with a tangy mineral meets oystershell finish. Maybe not quite as deep/rich as the "89 (maybe my favorite white Bdx of all time), but really quite impressive. A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.