FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: ESJ pink, Oregon white (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/451150-tn-esj-pink-oregon.html)

DaleW[_2_] 05-06-2020 09:11 PM

TN: ESJ pink, Oregon white

With Jacques Pepins chicken/sausage €śbouillabaisse€ť the 2019 Edmunds St. John Bone Jolly Gamay Rose. Year in year out a favorite, this year is no exception, crunchy red strawberry and raspberry, on full side this year, a little herb and smoke, nice mineral edge to the finish. B++

Cooking wine was 2018 Day Vin de Days Willamette Valley. This is an edelzwicker style blend, pit fruits with a little nutty edge, light, moderate acids, tasty. B/B-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Mark Lipton[_2_] 05-06-2020 10:03 PM

TN: ESJ pink, Oregon white

On 6/5/20 4:11 PM, DaleW wrote:
> With Jacques Pepins chicken/sausage €śbouillabaisse€ť the 2019 Edmunds St. John Bone Jolly Gamay Rose. Year in year out a favorite, this year is no exception, crunchy red strawberry and raspberry, on full side this year, a little herb and smoke, nice mineral edge to the finish. B++

We've got some of that heading our way, though the UPS shipment was
marked as delayed yesterday by "civil unrest." :( Sounds like another
winner.

Mark Lipton