Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Zoom- Margaux and white Burg

Our little groups second virtual tasting Monday

Blind wine (Cathleen distributed, most of us had family member uncork so we couldnt see branding). Theres a little grassy/green element that on first sniff made me think Sauvignon Blanc, but bottle shape convinced me to not guess that. Is this Chardonnay? Ripe for sure. When Cathleen confirms Chardonnay I go with ambitious Macon from a very ripe year (2015?). Peach and tropical fruits, some acid but quite sweet, Im surprised its the 2017 Roulot Auxey-Duresses blanc. Its would be ok if $20-25 Macon, but€¦€¦ B-/B

Red was the (not blind) 2005 ch. Du Tertre. I think most liked more than I did. Very glossy, smooth wood over ripe black fruit and mocha, some structure, but not really my style. B/B-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy gradelos r, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
Posted to alt.food.wine

While I didn't love the Roulot, I loved Jean Marc Roulot's latest video
https://twitter.com/Luchets007/statu...44493398917126
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 5/14/20 4:22 PM, DaleW wrote:
> While I didn't love the Roulot, I loved Jean Marc Roulot's latest video
> https://twitter.com/Luchets007/statu...44493398917126

Classic! And I love that the first comment is from Amelie Mauresmo.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 5/14/20 12:35 PM, DaleW wrote:
> Our little groups second virtual tasting Monday
>
> Blind wine (Cathleen distributed, most of us had family member uncork so we couldnt see branding). Theres a little grassy/green element that on first sniff made me think Sauvignon Blanc, but bottle shape convinced me to not guess that. Is this Chardonnay? Ripe for sure. When Cathleen confirms Chardonnay I go with ambitious Macon from a very ripe year (2015?). Peach and tropical fruits, some acid but quite sweet, Im surprised its the 2017 Roulot Auxey-Duresses blanc. Its would be ok if $20-25 Macon, but€¦€¦ B-/B

Quite sweet sounds odd for Roulot. Maybe it's a function of the
ripeness of '15?

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 10:40:52 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 5/14/20 4:22 PM, DaleW wrote:
> > While I didn't love the Roulot, I loved Jean Marc Roulot's latest video
> > https://twitter.com/Luchets007/statu...44493398917126
> >

> Classic! And I love that the first comment is from Amelie Mauresmo.
>
> Mark Lipton

But has anyone seen .sasha and Jean Marc is same room?

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, May 15, 2020 at 10:35:28 AM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:

> Quite sweet sounds odd for Roulot. Maybe it's a function of the
> ripeness of '15?

Except its a 2017, which is really odd!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 5/15/20 4:14 PM, DaleW wrote:
> On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 10:40:52 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
>> On 5/14/20 4:22 PM, DaleW wrote:
>>> While I didn't love the Roulot, I loved Jean Marc Roulot's latest video
>>> https://twitter.com/Luchets007/statu...44493398917126
>>>

>> Classic! And I love that the first comment is from Amelie Mauresmo.
>>
>> Mark Lipton

> But has anyone seen .sasha and Jean Marc is same room?

Given his peregrinations with Gilman, I'd be shocked if they *haven't*
been in the same room at some point... but I do see what you're getting
at. I haven't seen .sasha in a couple of years, but I did exchange
emails with him today. Maybe a Zoom birthday celebration?

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 5/15/20 4:14 PM, DaleW wrote:
> On Friday, May 15, 2020 at 10:35:28 AM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
>
>> Quite sweet sounds odd for Roulot. Maybe it's a function of the
>> ripeness of '15?
>>

> Except its a 2017, which is really odd!

D'Oh!

Mark Lipton