Old 16-08-2019, 02:02 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Another bdx

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 6:04:11 PM UTC-4, greybeard wrote:
Strips of thinly sliced beef cooked in lots of EVOO with a mixture of
spices to emulate Moroccan flavours, over cous-cous and wilted leafy
greens garnished with a liberal sprinkle of chopped mint and fresh
tomato. Possibly not red wine friendly fare, but.........
2004 Ch. Lynch Bages, Pauillac, medium dark red, nice aromatics.
Strong primary cabernet flavours, good acidity, unobtrusive integrated
oak. Excellent cut through the spicy food, happy with food match.

Thanks for notes. I don't have a lot of '04 Bdx, dollar was fairly weak against Euro when they were released and so they seemed expensive. I had a lot of '96-'01 claret and mostly sat out. But those I've tasted recently have been pretty good.

Old 16-08-2019, 03:45 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On 2019-08-16 7:02 a.m., DaleW wrote:
On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 6:04:11 PM UTC-4, greybeard wrote:
Strips of thinly sliced beef cooked in lots of EVOO with a mixture of
spices to emulate Moroccan flavours, over cous-cous and wilted leafy
greens garnished with a liberal sprinkle of chopped mint and fresh
tomato. Possibly not red wine friendly fare, but.........
2004 Ch. Lynch Bages, Pauillac, medium dark red, nice aromatics.
Strong primary cabernet flavours, good acidity, unobtrusive integrated
oak. Excellent cut through the spicy food, happy with food match.

Thanks for notes. I don't have a lot of '04 Bdx, dollar was fairly weak against Euro when they were released and so they seemed expensive. I had a lot of '96-'01 claret and mostly sat out. But those I've tasted recently have been pretty good.

I have a lot of 04s. They are supposedly ready but every one I've tried
has still been "shut in".
Graham
Old 16-08-2019, 09:29 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/16/19 9:02 AM, DaleW wrote:
On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 6:04:11 PM UTC-4, greybeard wrote:
Strips of thinly sliced beef cooked in lots of EVOO with a mixture of
spices to emulate Moroccan flavours, over cous-cous and wilted leafy
greens garnished with a liberal sprinkle of chopped mint and fresh
tomato. Possibly not red wine friendly fare, but.........
2004 Ch. Lynch Bages, Pauillac, medium dark red, nice aromatics.
Strong primary cabernet flavours, good acidity, unobtrusive integrated
oak. Excellent cut through the spicy food, happy with food match.

Thanks for notes. I don't have a lot of '04 Bdx, dollar was fairly weak against Euro when they were released and so they seemed expensive. I had a lot of '96-'01 claret and mostly sat out. But those I've tasted recently have been pretty good.

Still holding my 04's. Haven't tried any yet. Thinking about it this
fall though.
Old 16-08-2019, 10:19 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/16/19 9:02 AM, DaleW wrote:
On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 6:04:11 PM UTC-4, greybeard wrote:
Strips of thinly sliced beef cooked in lots of EVOO with a mixture of
spices to emulate Moroccan flavours, over cous-cous and wilted leafy
greens garnished with a liberal sprinkle of chopped mint and fresh
tomato. Possibly not red wine friendly fare, but.........
2004 Ch. Lynch Bages, Pauillac, medium dark red, nice aromatics.
Strong primary cabernet flavours, good acidity, unobtrusive integrated
oak. Excellent cut through the spicy food, happy with food match.

Thanks for notes. I don't have a lot of '04 Bdx, dollar was fairly weak against Euro when they were released and so they seemed expensive. I had a lot of '96-'01 claret and mostly sat out. But those I've tasted recently have been pretty good.

Because '04 was a birthyear for our son, I did buy a few '04 Bdx, but
mostly bought elsewhere in that year. Haven't opened any of the '04s I
did buy, though (the Meyney is particularly tempting).

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ: RIP cwdjrx
Old 17-08-2019, 07:51 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On 2019-08-16 3:19 p.m., Mark Lipton wrote:
On 8/16/19 9:02 AM, DaleW wrote:
[...]

I bought quite a lot of 04 when it was advertised as the last affordable
vintage. Some of the 05s were 4-5 times the price and I have very few of
those and even fewer of subsequent vintages.