Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Mostly Loires by the Hudson

Another hot Wednesday, but in the shade with the breeze off river we had a good time at the park. I brought lamb/green bean salad, cheeses, kohlrabi/apple slaw. Others shared cucumber soup, fatoush, shrimp, and more.

2015 Pepiere Ch. Thebaud Muscadet
Full, rich, but with enough acid spine tio seem balanced. Citrus, flowers, rain on gravel. B+

2018 Borell Diehl Muller-Thurgau Trocken
Blinded, my guess was Riesling feinherb or halbtrocken. Lemonade, ginger, some mineral notes. Pretty good for M-T (and $10/liter). B

2018 Lambert €ś Mathilde€ť Chinon Rose
Quiet strawberry fruit, a little anise. B

2018 Cooperative Vendomois €śLieu-Dit Cocagne€ť (Coteaux du Vendomois)
New Loire appellation to me, Pineau dAunis with too much pine needle and geranium for me to love. B-/C+

2009 Baudry €śClos Guillot€ť Chinon
In a good place from this ripe vintage. Juicy black cherry, herbs, gamebird.. Plenty of tannin but reasonably supple. B+

2015 Bouges €śLes Cotes Hauts€ť Cot
I knew not Cab Franc but took a couple guess. Sturdy, dark fruit, some cocoa. Fun. B/B+