Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Burgs, Loires, Champagne, Spain

Friday dinner started with shucking some oysters, while we enjoyed the
2016 Bzikot Puligny-Montrachet (375 ml) Lemon pie and light oak notes, fairly ripe with moderate acids. B/B-

Tuna steak, sweet potato, spinach with sesame oil, an Asian-influenced slaw
2017 Filliatreau €śLa Grand Vignolle€ť Saumur-Champigny
Ripe, black cherry, some smoke, good length. Maybe a bit more forward than some years. B

A wine friend and his wife brought their hound over Saturday afternoon for a dog play date. While the hounds romped the people had a little Champagne, from a new producer to me
The NV Mouzon-Leroux €ś L'Atavique Tradition€ť Extra Brut Champagne (Verzy GC) has a wealth of info on label- disgorged Oct "14, 60% PN/40% Chrd, 2 g/l dosage, 80% 2011. Shows well considering base. Granny smith, grapefruit peel, nice long mineral finish. Delicate mousse, nice small bead. B+

Over to friends for dinner - stuffed mushrooms and smoked salmon canapes, then roast beef, roast vegetables, salad.
2001 Remi Jobard €ś Le Poruzot-Dessus€ť Meursault 1er Cru
Round but not tired. Pear fruit and vanilla ice cream notes, moderate acids.. B

2015 Altovinum - "Evodia " (Varietal de Aragon)
Not sure what variety this is (Aragon is a place, not a grape).Label says high altitude and slatey soils, but its ripe and hot, although there is some acid. Sweet, cherry and raspberry jam, full. Not my style. C+

Sunday Betsy had a concert in New Canaan, when she got home I had dinner ready- roast halibut, brown rice,spinach, cucumber salad, & green salad. 2010 Boulay €śClos de Beaujeu€ť Sancerre. Good acids, full-bodied, citrus and apple with herbs and flint. Good finish, pretty much what I want in Sancerre. A-/B+