Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: weekend wines (Bdx, Burg, RRV, Loire, Champagne)

Friday- Oysters on halfshell, bluefish with a mayo/lime coat, potatoes, sauteed spinach , and eye of the goat beans
2014 La Barbotaine Sancerre
Citrus, apple, a little grass, modest length. Competent. B-

Saturday- Rack of lamb, spicy cucumber salad, potatoes, and green salad

2012 Ch. Corbin
Young, but drinking pretty well. Bright red and black cherry, just a hint of vanilla, good acids, smooth tannins. B+/B

2000 Ch. Grand Corbin Despagne
Plums, mocha, tannins mostly gone. OK but pretty generic. B-/B

Sunday-
Charcuterie
NV Marc Hebrart Selection 1er Cru Brut Champagne (6/30/15 disg, L831
This seems fairly high dosage, but good acids balance it. Quite tasty with pear, chalk, and smoke. B+

scallop/radish crudo with sous vide shrimp
2017 Joseph Colin €śLa Combe€ť Bourgogne Blanc
This is PYCMs brother I think. Similar heavy bottle. Citrus, hazelnut, and flint, very full-bodied, bright finish. B+/B

Roast chicken, mushroom (maitake, yellow oyster, velvet pioppino, wild shiitake) risotto, green beans, salad

2014 Camus-Bruchon Bourgogne
Bright red cherries, earthy/mushroom notes, brisk and lithe , good finish. B+/B

2010 Rochioli Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley)
Kirsch, cola, VA, and heat (says 14.5%, tastes more). Really not my style. C/C+

2016 Drouhin Laforet Bourgogne Blanc
Pretty clean, apple with a tropically pineapple note, not too long but fine as $11 cooking wine. B-