Old 13-02-2019, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Burgs, Bdx, Barnaut bubbles, FXPichler, etc

With sockeye salmon, wild rice, and broccoli
2001 Herve Sigaut Chambolle-Musigny
I didn't really mean to age, tasted pretty mature when I acquired 10 yers ago, but got buried. Turned out fine- sweet black cherry fruit, some Chambolle perfume, good acids, any tannin resolved. Not especially complex, but nice casual Thursday wine. B

Swordfish, sweet potato , and spinach
NV Barnaut €śAuthentique €ś Grand Cru Rose Champagne
Raspberry, cherry, and orange zest, a good acid core, quite full. Good foil for the food, fun. B+

Saturday afternoon went to a pre-Valentines open house in Hastings, bearing wine and Korean shrimp cocktail. Not a geeky event, big spread of food

2012 Talmard Macon-Villages
Green apple,lemon, just beginning to show age (a little brown apple peel), modest acids. B-

2016 Bonny Doon Grenache
Red fruited, touch jammy, not my style. B-/C+

2015 Domaine de la Pirolette Saint Amour.
Obvious choice for Valentine party. I liked the brighter 2016 better, but this was pretty good in a riper style. Black cherry, espresso, lush. Quickly emptied. Made by Barbet family (Billards). B+/B

Some friends for dinner that night.

NV Barnaut €śQuintessence du Pinot Noir€ť Blanc de Noirs Brut
Fresh white fruits, chalky, toasty. Quite tasty, though I dont think I would have guessed BdN if I wasnt looking at label. B+

With oysters (mignonette and lemon)
2015 Ch. Carbonnieux Blanc
Oak, grass, oak, citrus, oak. At moment a bit oaky for me but others loved. B- for now

Dinner was cumin/Meyer lemon quail, Italian sausage, lentils, and broccoli rabe
2006 Chevillon €śLes Chaignots€ť Nuits St George 1er Cru
Ive heard mixed reports about "06 Burgs being closed (or open), no issues here! Lovely rich black cherry and raspberry fruit, some light espresso and smokes notes, some tannic structure but easy to drink. Balanced, fresh, and some complexity. B+/A-

1978 Domaine de Chevalier (rouge)
Red plum, cedar, tobacco, mushroom. Round and ready. B+

Fun night with good people

Sunday with leftovers (quail, spinach, wild rice)
2012 FX Pichler Loibner Burgstal Riesling Federspiel
Second time this month Ive found myself drinking a different wine than I thought- need to wear my drugstore reading glasses more (or see optometrist), I could have sworn I brought up a GV. I tasted - noted no white pepper or green peas- then read label. Oh. This says 12.5 abv, but tastes a bit headier. Lime and peaches, good acids, some wet rock minerality. I got this at a good sale price (for FXP) so decent value, B+

TN: Burgs, Bubbles, and Etna DaleW Wine 0 04-03-2016 04:28 PM
Bubbles in Jam Joyce Preserving 11 04-09-2012 01:45 AM
TN: Great Burgs, Bubbles, Nebbiolo, Rhones w/SOBER DaleW Wine 1 06-08-2010 06:02 PM
Air bubbles justme(Karen) Preserving 2 18-09-2005 06:38 PM
Bubbles HUTCHNDI Sourdough 37 29-04-2005 07:45 PM