Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Three gift wines from the office

On Thursday, we had our 'Secret Santa' gift swap at work. I received two Pjnot Noirs.

2015 Josh Cellars PN Central Coast
Light maroon in color with a cherries/oak nose, dark cherry on the palate with a slightly spicy finish. Nice!

2016 Cavit Collection PN Provincia di Pavia
Pale purplish appearance, cherry/raspberry aroma, fairly simple red cherry flavor, slightly "hot". OK, not as good as Josh.

Also, I happened to be around when the boss opened a box from a client containing two Italian wines, one white, one red. I gladly accepted the red. Right place, right time! Ho ho ho!

2011 Vignavecchia Odoardo Beccari Chianti Classico Riserva
medium maroon color, faint cranberry nose, somewhat tannic flavors of plum and cherry. Fairly typical Chianti, would work with food.

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good wine!

Dan-O
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 8:28:53 PM UTC-5, Dan the Man wrote:
> On Thursday, we had our 'Secret Santa' gift swap at work. I received two Pjnot Noirs.
>
> 2015 Josh Cellars PN Central Coast
> Light maroon in color with a cherries/oak nose, dark cherry on the palate with a slightly spicy finish. Nice!
>
> 2016 Cavit Collection PN Provincia di Pavia
> Pale purplish appearance, cherry/raspberry aroma, fairly simple red cherry flavor, slightly "hot". OK, not as good as Josh.
>
> Also, I happened to be around when the boss opened a box from a client containing two Italian wines, one white, one red. I gladly accepted the red. Right place, right time! Ho ho ho!
>
> 2011 Vignavecchia Odoardo Beccari Chianti Classico Riserva
> medium maroon color, faint cranberry nose, somewhat tannic flavors of plum and cherry. Fairly typical Chianti, would work with food.
>
> Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good wine!
>
> Dan-O

Never heard of Josh, sounds good.
Cavit can be rough, but overall sounds like you did ok.
Happy Holidays
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 11:12:37 AM UTC-5, DaleW wrote:
> On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 8:28:53 PM UTC-5, Dan the Man wrote:
> > On Thursday, we had our 'Secret Santa' gift swap at work. I received two Pjnot Noirs.
> >
> > 2015 Josh Cellars PN Central Coast
> > Light maroon in color with a cherries/oak nose, dark cherry on the palate with a slightly spicy finish. Nice!
> >
> > 2016 Cavit Collection PN Provincia di Pavia
> > Pale purplish appearance, cherry/raspberry aroma, fairly simple red cherry flavor, slightly "hot". OK, not as good as Josh.
> >
> > Also, I happened to be around when the boss opened a box from a client containing two Italian wines, one white, one red. I gladly accepted the red. Right place, right time! Ho ho ho!
> >
> > 2011 Vignavecchia Odoardo Beccari Chianti Classico Riserva
> > medium maroon color, faint cranberry nose, somewhat tannic flavors of plum and cherry. Fairly typical Chianti, would work with food.
> >
> > Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good wine!
> >
> > Dan-O

> Never heard of Josh, sounds good.
> Cavit can be rough, but overall sounds like you did ok.
> Happy Holidays

This was my first go with Josh as well; very promising and the best of the three "freebies".

Christmas gift wines ... maybe not Dick R. Wine 4 09-12-2008 04:04 PM
Gift wines...sigh Bi!! Wine 22 16-01-2008 08:55 AM
Gift poll: favorite cooking gift jake General Cooking 32 10-12-2005 07:55 PM
How Dare Could America Industrial Property Office Be In Conspiracy With Jungang International Patent Office To Make An Extravagant International Crime ? [email protected] General Cooking 0 26-05-2005 04:05 PM
How Dare Could America Industrial Property Office Be In Conspiracy With Jungang International Patent Office To Make An Extravagant International Crime ? [email protected] General Cooking 0 22-05-2005 05:47 PM