FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Chenin, Chard, Riesling, PN, Primitivo, Bdx blend (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/444521-tn-chenin-chard-riesling.html)

DaleW[_2_] 21-09-2018 06:17 PM

TN: Chenin, Chard, Riesling, PN, Primitivo, Bdx blend

Our hound was invited to visit a dachshund friend, and Betsy and I went along for wine and cheese. The 2011 Domaine Vessigault (sp?) Pouilly-Fuisse Vieilles Vignes was oaky, a bit tired, and kinda short. C/C+
Nice visit, except part where Ruby the Basset decided to show how long she was by going upright to get Bucheron off counter. :(

Betsys sister joined us for dinner- some charcuterie to start, then grey sole with ginger/soy, rice with furikake, Chinese broccoli, fruit

2015 Pinon Silex Noir Vouvray
Lovely bottle, fairly sweet but with electric acidity, lots of wax/honeycomb, fresh apple and citrus. On day 3 a more quince profile, but still lots of wax. A-/B+

2016 Falkenstein Niedermenniger Herrenberg Kabinett Trocken
This is nice too- lemon zest and grapefruit, kind of Muscadet saline note, tart in a nice way. Not as long as the Vouvray, but interesting in its own style. B+/B

Grilled a ribeye, had with leftovers and the 2000 Ch. Lanessan. Generous style of claret, black plum and some herbs, tannins in background. I think I might have guessed RB blind. Tasty and good QPR. B/B+

2016 Monaci Piluna Primitivo (Salento)
Wow, this is a tangy volatile mess. Stewed flavors, lifted nose. Comes across as hot despite only 14% abv listed, which isnt that ripe for Primitivo. C-

Roast chicken, roasted tomatoes with coriander and braised leeks,
2016 Domaine Romy Beaujolais Les Pierres Dorees Vieilles Vignes
Red cherry, a little earth, competent Beaujolais. B-

2017 Pierre-Yves Coin-Morey Rose de Pinot Noir
Im a big fan of PYCM whites especially the St Aubins, but this a rather unexciting dilute rose. Tasty enough flavors, but light to the point of insubstantial, and a poor value at $30. C+/B-

Scallops and pasta with radish leaf pesto
2015 Wind Gap €śCrown Vineyard€ť Chardonnay
Green apple and lime, some floral notes, a little herby/fennel. Moderate acids, quite tasty. B/B+