FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 3 pinks- 1 bubbly and fresh, 1 still and fresh, 1 still and stale (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/444341-tn-3-pinks-1-a.html)

DaleW[_2_] 31-08-2018 08:13 PM

TN: 3 pinks- 1 bubbly and fresh, 1 still and fresh, 1 still and stale

Couple scorching days, but we decided to brave heat to go to final park concert of summer (a tribute to Charlie Parker). In the shade there was a steady breeze off the river, and we werent uncomfortable at all. Caprese, charcuterie, lobster salad, and a rift on Nicoise (beans, potatoes, seared tuna, olives).

NV JP Brun (Terres Dorees) FRV100
Frothy, nice sweetness (not as much as say Bugey Cerdon). Good with pignoli salami- a bit like Lambrusco, but not as tannic. Cherries, Sweet-tarts, cinnamony spice. Fun and different. B/B+

2017 Chevrot €ś Sakura€ť Bourgogne rose
Very light and floral, bright, name is appropriate, all cherry and cherry blossom. Tangy finish. B

2013 Domaine du Pere Caboche Vaucluse Rose
Date is not a typo. Wine saved by a person who only likes reds, saved for his wife, who only drinks whites. Not actually oxidized, just incredibly flat and dull. C