Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Sad news about a former afw regular

Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
'76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he

<http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/examiner-enterprise/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188895871>

I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:10:05 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
> with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
> '76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
> at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
> Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he
>
> <http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/examiner-enterprise/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188895871>
>
> I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
> an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
> might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Really sorry to hear that, always one of my favorite posters.
What is it with chemists and wine?
Posted to alt.food.wine

In message >,
DaleW > writes
>On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:10:05 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
>> Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
>> with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
>> '76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
>> at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
>> Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he
>>

>><http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/exa...tuary.aspx?pag
>>e=lifestory&pid=188895871>
>>
>> I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
>> an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
>> might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.
>>
>> Mark Lipton
>> --
>> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

>Really sorry to hear that, always one of my favorite posters.
>What is it with chemists and wine?

Thank you for letting us know. I also remember his posts, and am sorry
to hear this.

--
---
Sheila Page
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:10:05 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
> with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
> '76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
> at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
> Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he
>
> <http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/examiner-enterprise/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188895871>
>
> I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
> an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
> might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Sorry to hear this. I remember him as a very intelligent poster.

Dan-O (opened a sweet-leaning rose' to him)
Posted to alt.food.wine

Sorry to hear. I remember Dan the Man well. He wrote interesting posts.

On 8/10/18 11:10 AM, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
> with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
> '76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
> at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
> Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he
>
> <http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/examiner-enterprise/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188895871>
>
> I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
> an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
> might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.
>
> Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 2:41:32 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> Sorry to hear. I remember Dan the Man well. He wrote interesting posts.

Dan the Man posted a couple hours before you.
cwdjrx was the poster who paased.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 6:10:05 PM UTC+2, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
> with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
> '76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
> at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
> Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he
>
> <http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/examiner-enterprise/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188895871>
>
> I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
> an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
> might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

We all learned something from cwdjrx. Sad.

Mike
Posted to alt.food.wine

Oops, sorry to mix that up.

On 8/11/18 10:19 PM, DaleW wrote:
> On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 2:41:32 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
>> Sorry to hear. I remember Dan the Man well. He wrote interesting posts.
>>

> Dan the Man posted a couple hours before you.
> cwdjrx was the poster who paased.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 10:02:00 AM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> Oops, sorry to mix that up.
>
> On 8/11/18 10:19 PM, DaleW wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 2:41:32 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> >> Sorry to hear. I remember Dan the Man well. He wrote interesting posts.
> >>

> > Dan the Man posted a couple hours before you.
> > cwdjrx was the poster who paased.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, but yes, I'm still here, mostly lurking to read Dale's exceptional posts.
Posted to alt.food.wine

I'm so sorry. Glad to hear you're still around.