FoodBanter.com

-   -   Sad news about a former afw regular (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/444202-sad-news-about-former.html)

Mark Lipton[_1_] 10-08-2018 05:10 PM

Sad news about a former afw regular

Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
'76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he

<http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/examiner-enterprise/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188895871>

I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.

Mark Lipton

DaleW[_2_] 10-08-2018 08:29 PM

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:10:05 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
> with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
> '76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
> at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
> Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he
>
> <http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/examiner-enterprise/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188895871>
>
> I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
> an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
> might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Really sorry to hear that, always one of my favorite posters.
What is it with chemists and wine? :)

Sheila Page[_2_] 11-08-2018 05:28 PM

Sad news about a former afw regular

In message >,
DaleW > writes
>On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:10:05 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
>> Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
>> with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
>> '76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
>> at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
>> Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he
>>

>><http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/exa...tuary.aspx?pag
>>e=lifestory&pid=188895871>
>>
>> I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
>> an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
>> might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.
>>
>> Mark Lipton
>> --
>> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

>Really sorry to hear that, always one of my favorite posters.
>What is it with chemists and wine? :)

Thank you for letting us know. I also remember his posts, and am sorry
to hear this.

--
---
Sheila Page

Dan the Man 11-08-2018 06:49 PM

Sad news about a former afw regular

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:10:05 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
> with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
> '76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
> at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
> Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he
>
> <http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/examiner-enterprise/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188895871>
>
> I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
> an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
> might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Sorry to hear this. I remember him as a very intelligent poster.

Dan-O (opened a sweet-leaning rose' to him)

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 11-08-2018 07:41 PM

Sad news about a former afw regular

Sorry to hear. I remember Dan the Man well. He wrote interesting posts.

DaleW[_2_] 12-08-2018 04:19 AM

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 2:41:32 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> Sorry to hear. I remember Dan the Man well. He wrote interesting posts.

Dan the Man posted a couple hours before you.
cwdjrx was the poster who paased.

Mike Tommasi[_2_] 12-08-2018 10:58 AM

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 6:10:05 PM UTC+2, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Those of you who've been around for a while may recall a poster "cwdjrx"
> with a particular knowledge of sweet wines such as Cline Constantia and
> '76 German TBAs and whose website has been hosting our FAQ for a decade
> at least. I regret to inform you that he, Claudius W Dwiggins, Jr of
> Oklahoma, passed away back in April at the age of 84. His obituary is he
>
> <http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/examiner-enterprise/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188895871>
>
> I think that I'll have to open something sweet and toast his memory. As
> an aside, his website is now defunct, no doubt from a lapsed payment. I
> might have to retrieve the FAQ from archive.org.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

We all learned something from cwdjrx. Sad.

Mike

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 12-08-2018 03:01 PM

Sad news about a former afw regular

Oops, sorry to mix that up.

Dan the Man 13-08-2018 05:14 PM

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 10:02:00 AM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> Oops, sorry to mix that up.
>
> On 8/11/18 10:19 PM, DaleW wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 2:41:32 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> >> Sorry to hear. I remember Dan the Man well. He wrote interesting posts.
> >>

> > Dan the Man posted a couple hours before you.
> > cwdjrx was the poster who paased.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, but yes, I'm still here, mostly lurking to read Dale's exceptional posts.

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 13-08-2018 09:20 PM

Sad news about a former afw regular

I'm so sorry. Glad to hear you're still around.