Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Loire, Burg, Rioja, Piedmont

With fish and caprese., 2013 Pinon Le Vouvray. Sec-tendre, green apple and limeade, well balanced, great effort in a tough vintage. B+/B

With defrosted Easter lamb, the 2010 CVNE Cune Rioja Gran Reserva. I used to sometimes buy the Cune crianza, but usually skipped the reserva and gran reserva, thinking Id rather save up for the Vina Real and Imperial. But friend said the Cune really was a good value, just more forward than the status bottlings.. This is drinking well, black raspberry fruit over a good acidic spine, fine tannins, and a vanilla/cedar oak note that is well integrated, No hurry. B+

Betsy was home after 2 weeks of concerts in Maine, said she hadnt got tired of lobster there, so I got 3 and we made a favorite lobster/corn/tomato dish.
I had hopes for the 1996 Remi Jobard Les Genevrières" Meursault 1er Cru as R Jobard seems to have less pox than most and some recent CT notes were good, but this was totally premoxed (watched color darken as I poured, knew immediately). D

Replacement was the 2013 Cazin Vendanges Manuelles Cour-Cheverny. Apple, citrus and wool, bright, not very heavy but complete. B+

Then Sunday up to Mohonk Mountain House. Cloudy/rainy day, but we got in some windy canoeing before her rehearsal, and I did a short hike while that was on. Quiet afternoon, then we ate in main dining hall (I had veal , duck, salmon hand roll, lots of veggies). After her concert quartet and friends gathered in little bar. Mohonk list is well priced for a resort, lots of half bottles, and decent BTG choices (choice of 5 or 8 ounce pours, with some Coravin wines in 3 oz). Between dinner and late night we shared 3 5 ounce pours

2015 Axel Pauly Tres Naris Riesling
Crisp, dry herby, ginger notes, not very complex but tasty trocken. B/B-

2014 Michele ReverditoSimane Langhe Nebbiolo
Red cherry, some tannic, ok. B-/C+

2016 Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse
Pear, light oak notes, moderate acids. B

No wine last night with leek fritters and green gazpacho from Plenty book.