Old 12-07-2018, 04:02 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Roses by Hudson (Burgs, Champagne, Franken too)

Wednesday was warm, but humdity wasnt bad, and by time I got to park concert a breeze off the Hudson made it quite lovely. I carried a bunch of leftovers (Korean fried chicken, basil/mozz pasta salad, carrots), as well as some truffle cheese, Boquerones, and Jenises blue cheese/almond guacamole. Others shared cheeses, salami, salads, and fruit.

NV Besserat de Bellefon €śCuvee des Moines€ť Extra Brut Champagne
Crisp, lemon and Granny Smith, some apple blossom. B

2009 Rudolf Furst €ś"pur mineral"€ť MĂĽller-Thurgau
Ive liked other vintages of this more, sweet on palate, though there are noticeable acids it seems a tad flabby, though finish does come across as mineral. B-

2017 Triennes rose
Light, fresh, berries and chalk, good value. B/B+

2017 Noulles Rose dAnjou
Overripe strawberry, sweet, flaccid. Not what I want in a Loire rose. C+/C

2017 Gramercy Cellars Rose
Strawberries and nectarine, fuller styled pink with good finish. B/B+

2016 Parparoussis Petite Fleur
Sour cherry, herbs, nice flavor profile but a little dilute, and maybe beginning to tire. B-

2007 Mugnier €śClos de la Marechale€ť Nuits St George 1er (375 ml)
Very approachable in half. Red cherry and raspberry, earth and mushroom, gets quite floral with air. Nice balance, lovely wine though I probably wouldn't guess NSG at first, more feminine like a Chambolle or Volnay. B+/A-

2015 Frederic Magnien Bourgogne
New Magnien to me. Ripe, slightly glossy, red cherry with a little vanilla. B-

Nice night. A big crew of friends stayed and watched the sunset fade long after concert ended.

Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On 7/12/18 11:02 AM, DaleW wrote:

2015 Frederic Magnien Bourgogne New Magnien to me. Ripe, slightly
glossy, red cherry with a little vanilla. B-

Sure you mean Frederic? Freddy's been imported by North Berkeley
Imports for decades now (IIRC, they were the Magnien that had the
systemic TCA infection in the winery back in the late '90s). I
generally avoid NBI because of the oak treatment, most especially in the
Cuvée Unique. Sure it wasn't Stephan Magnien you meant?

Mark Lipton

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 5:43:04 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
On 7/12/18 11:02 AM, DaleW wrote:

2015 Frederic Magnien Bourgogne New Magnien to me. Ripe, slightly
glossy, red cherry with a little vanilla. B-

Sure you mean Frederic? Freddy's been imported by North Berkeley
Imports for decades now (IIRC, they were the Magnien that had the
systemic TCA infection in the winery back in the late '90s). I
generally avoid NBI because of the oak treatment, most especially in the
Cuvée Unique. Sure it wasn't Stephan Magnien you meant?

Mark Lipton

I thought it was Michel that was the oaky NBI wine, thanks for correction.
Stephane is the one I sometimes buy, not usually glossy.