FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 1996 ESJ Syrah (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/443806-tn-1996-esj-syrah.html)

DaleW[_2_] 07-06-2018 08:33 PM

TN: 1996 ESJ Syrah

David is visiting, he and his mom were cooking a family favorite, beef jantaboon. I grilled some shisitos and opened the 1996 Edmunds St. John Syrah (California), didn't want Dave to miss Berkeley too much. Not sure vineyard source for this. Resolved tannin, black plum fruit overlaid with smoke and meat notes. Gets spicy. Holds up well for couple hours, nice sweet finish if not really long. Fun, in a good place. B++

Mark Lipton[_2_] 08-06-2018 05:30 AM

TN: 1996 ESJ Syrah

On 6/7/18 12:33 PM, DaleW wrote:
> David is visiting, he and his mom were cooking a family favorite, beef jantaboon. I grilled some shisitos and opened the 1996 Edmunds St. John Syrah (California), didn't want Dave to miss Berkeley too much. Not sure vineyard source for this. Resolved tannin, black plum fruit overlaid with smoke and meat notes. Gets spicy. Holds up well for couple hours, nice sweet finish if not really long. Fun, in a good place. B++

Library release, I presume?

Greetings from Berkeley,
Mark Lipton