Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Burg, CFE VT, SBs, Morgon, etc

With takeout roast chicken, blackeyed peas, and bright rice the
2015 Jane and Sylvain Bourgogne. Nice, sappy raspberry and cherry fruit, a touch of citrus zest, some earth. Good balance of fruit, acid, and tannin. Good body for Bourgogne. B+

Some friends had us over, started with hummus & guacamole, then salmon with a pecan/mustard crust, asparagus, and salad

2016 Michel Vattan Calcaire Sancerre
Peach, citrus, grass. Simple easy SB.. B-

2016 Filon
Spanish red, Id guess Garnacha. This is actually better than I expected- its got sweet red berry fruit, but enough acid to keep balanced, and some spicy notes. Could pass for decent CdR. B/B-

(Vintage?) Alto Vuelo Sauvignon Blanc
Unripe green plum, grass, catpee. Thin and short. C

With red snapper on the grill, broccolini, salad, & rice:

2001 Trimbach Cuvee Frederic Emile Riesling Vendange Tardive
In some years the CFE VT is basically close to dry. This is not that year. Spatlese level sweetness. Ripe peach, apricot, a honied note with a gingery spice at end. Good acids, full, wasnt best match for fish but a tasty wine. Held up well over couple days. B+/A-

With lamb sausage, eggplant, and trumpet mushrooms, the 2011 Drouhin Morgon, Black cherry, herbs, a little coffee. Fresh acids, drinking well. B/B+

[TN] '07 Breton Morgon Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 27-04-2012 03:54 AM
[TN] '07 Lapierre Morgon Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 4 24-08-2009 09:15 PM
'06 Morgon Joseph Coulter[_4_] Wine 1 07-11-2008 01:51 PM
TN: JP Brun Morgon DaleW Wine 2 20-10-2008 05:37 PM
TN: Morgon Jim Wine 0 30-11-2005 10:11 PM