Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Texier, Drouhin Fleurie, de Villaine, CVNE, Raventos. SchaferFrohlich

On 2/26/18 1:16 PM, DaleW wrote:

> Then on to skirt steak (cumin, coriander, garlic, zaatar) , bok choy, and leftover root vegetables. Wine was the 2009 Texier €œDomaine de Pergault Brezeme Vielle Sirene€ Cotes du Rhone. I was a little worried this might be shut down, but while young its beautifully expressive. Black cherry and raspberry, smoke, meat. Plenty of tannin, but supple and balanced/buffered by gorgeous fruit and bright acids, so didnt bother me at all. A-

Interesting note, Dale. I've got a few bottles of the '09 St. Julien en
Alban Vieille Serine -- any idea if it'll behave similarly?

p.s. I just noticed that you've changed your Usenet email address. If
you're no longer using your AOL email, could you drop me a line from
your preferred addy?

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 6:07:36 PM UTC-5, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 2/26/18 1:16 PM, DaleW wrote:
>
> Interesting note, Dale. I've got a few bottles of the '09 St. Julien en
> Alban Vieille Serine -- any idea if it'll behave similarly?
>
> p.s. I just noticed that you've changed your Usenet email address. If
> you're no longer using your AOL email, could you drop me a line from
> your preferred addy?

I'm not really clear on the terroir differences, so no real clue. But it's always good to have Texier Syrah around
I still use the AOL